What's the difference?

-

73dust340

Reaction score
What's the difference between the dash pads (not caps) sold by P.G. Classic, YearOne, and Legendary? Is it just the price? P.G.'s sells for $200, YearOne's is $300, and Legendary charges $375. That's quite a difference if they're all the same.

Sorry no help here, just wanted to let you know someone is reading your post ! You may want to consider having yours redone, there is an outfit that recovers dash pads using a vacuum applied method, called just dashes. Maybe they might be less expensive ? A body pads are pretty simply shaped, so maybe the cost is not so high ?

I'm told everything PG Classics comes from China. I dont know if that's true and I dont know where Year One or Legondary get theirs.
Until I see PG at some event or supporting our hobby in any manner I'm not buying anything from them.

Remember whenever you buy mopar parts,you want to try and buy them from the manufacture not a reseller.I like year one they are one of the biggest supporter's of the classic car hobby around.That being said year one ,the paddock,etc etc. just buy parts and resell them.I think ledgendary makes the parts they sell.Alot of vendors are buying parts from P&G and reselling them.You can avoid paying extra by going directly to P&G and buying direct from them.I have bought alot of small and high dollar parts from P&G and i will say that every thing i have purchased was top quality and fit very well.I belive that P&G are reproducing the parts that they sell which is a very spendy thing to do and helps restoring old mopars alot easier so i dont know why someone that likes old mopars wouldnt want to support them?Doesn't make sense to me.:read2:

Remember whenever you buy mopar parts,you want to try and buy them from the manufacture not a reseller.I like year one they are one of the biggest supporter's of the classic car hobby around.That being said year one ,the paddock,etc etc. just buy parts and resell them.I think ledgendary makes the parts they sell.Alot of vendors are buying parts from P&G and reselling them.You can avoid paying extra by going directly to P&G and buying direct from them.I have bought alot of small and high dollar parts from P&G and i will say that every thing i have purchased was top quality and fit very well.I belive that P&G are reproducing the parts that they sell which is a very spendy thing to do and helps restoring old mopars alot easier so i dont know why someone that likes old mopars wouldnt want to support them?Doesn't make sense to me.:read2:
and those Americans who have made a decent living restoring original Mopar parts lost their business to the chinesse too. I wont argue though. Put so many import parts on your car that is becomes an import. Have fun.

No sorry,two different things.People that buy parts from P&G are not concerned about originality so they buy a reproduced part.Someone restoring an original car will only want to buy there parts from someone who has restored an original part.That is a win win for the mopar hobby with two different markets both getting what they need.

Yes, everything PG Classic sells is made in China. Pretty good quality from what I've seen so far.

Dash and interior parts: See here.

I like the Just Dashes idea. I'm all for having original parts restored, but if it's going to cost more than a new one, I'll have to pass. The one I have is cracked lightly in a couple places and isn't really that bad, but I can tell it was once green and was spray dyed black. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what it'll cost to have it fixed up.

Redfish; out of curiosity, do you buy any parts off ebay? What suppliers do you throw most of your business to?
C

I think the difference is, the cheaper dash pad has a plastic carcass, and the more expensive dash pad has a steel carcass like the originals.

-
Back