What's the general cost to create and maintain a website?

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not a car question.
I'm curious about the general cost to develop and maintain a website around the country.
My nephew generously donated his time to create and maintain our club website. Now that's it's been up and operational a couple of years, several of our club members feel we ought to throw a few bucks his way as a 'Thank You'.
As club president, I can't do this but I can provide comparative information to the membership for them to discuss and decide.
So what's the going rate around the country?
Any and all info is both welcome and appreciated.

10 years ago I stopped working as a web programmer/designer. I do some sites as a hobby from time to time. So much has happened so it takes me so little time to put up a website I often do it for free to help friends or family out. With that said, it's very hard to say without knowing what kind of work went into building this particular site. Is it hard coded from "the ground up" or is it done with one of the free tools at hand like wordpress etc. Do you have a link to this site?

10 years ago I stopped working as a web programmer/designer. I do some sites as a hobby from time to time. So much has happened so it takes me so little time to put up a website I often do it for free to help friends or family out. With that said, it's very hard to say without knowing what kind of work went into building this particular site. Is it hard coded from "the ground up" or is it done with one of the free tools at hand like wordpress etc. Do you have a link to this site?

Thanks for your reply. I sent you a link via PM.

-
Back