Whats the MOSt $$$ you paid for gas in the USA?

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The media always says that gas prices rise in the summer because of the "Summer driving season". I think that it is a scam devised to allow the oil companies an excuse to gouge us even more.
Anyway......
What is the most that you have ever paid for gasoline in the United States? I'm talking about regular, pump gas...NOT race fuel. Think of that trip you took where you found yourself waaaaay off the beaten path and the only gas available was at some grungy independant station...something like that.
For me, the highest I ever paid for daily driver, 87 octane gas was in late Summer 2008 when oil prices hit nearly $140 per barrel. I remember paying almost $4.50. My Charger needs 91 or better. In 2011 I paid $5.08 for 91 in Van Nuys.

I stoped drving when it gets that high I dont have the money to drive alot now One trip to the store a month if i can help it

Gas right now, where I live is 3.40-3.60 a gal for 87 oct. Highest I ever paid for gas was probably close to 5 bucks a gal back in North Cal 2009

I think that it is a scam devised to allow the oil companies an excuse to gouge us even more.

no doubt about that..

i forget what the highest i ever paid. had to be close to $5 a gallon in upstate ny.

i always laugh when they say vacation places are hurting and businesses are hurting because people can't afford to do and buy things like they used to.. i always think that if they dropped gas back down to $1.50 a gallon where it should be that a ton more people would be out and about going places and boosting sales everywhere..

a little over 4 bucks a gallon is the most ive paid here in iowa. its been sticking
in the 3 dollar ranges for a while now.

4.52.9!! Why don't they just say $4.53 per gallon :toothy1: They aren't fooling anyone on the 9 tenths thing :D It would be funny to see it 4.54.2 per gallon just to mess with folks and get free press doing it I bet :toothy1:

I agree abodyjoe :coffee2:, I would fill my tank and go visit a few places and
eat out more, and buy nicer shoes :coffee2:

a little over 4 bucks a gallon is the most ive paid here in iowa. its been sticking
in the 3 dollar ranges for a while now.

Same here, 3.36.9 per gallon here now :coffee2:

It's about the same here 3.40 but I buy 92 premium no ethanol from a boat gas station and it's 4.25

A few months ago I saw 87 for $4.87 on 535 near disney.

I passed. 5 miles later it was a dollar less.

Back in the 80's, there was a place in Ohio that had 8/10 of a cent pricing for a while as a promo.

Good for a WTF, but didn't last long or do anything.

I remember paying $4.26 and $4.40 a gallon for 91 from BP last fall here in MN.

Does race fuel count? That stuff is over double that lol

I am paying $5.31 for premium for the US gallon, or .53 cents per mile @ 10miles per gallon.

$5.01 for 85 octane -- Summer of 2008, way off the beaten track near Mad River, CA. Had to top off the Barracuda before heading off into the mountains -- it only gets about 220 miles per tank.

-
Back