what's the trick?

-

Garry

Reaction score
As you can see its coming, but nothing is cooperating very well, every time I go to do something there is an issue (kinda like life sometime) Who knows the trick to snapping these drip edge covers back on? I think I can deal with the extra mills of paint (as you might be able to see some has chipped off already trying to get them on), the curved one goes on last doesn't it ? and what end is easiest to start with on that piece ?

Attachments

• DSC01063.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC01064.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC01065.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 357
Good question, Never had mine off, even during the cheap repaint.

my question is how did you get them off? I need to pull mine, if I pull mine, Ill tell you which order they came off, which should tell you which order to put them back on in

I use a bottle opener, very gently, it's a fine line between getting them off and getting them off with no dents. I have a key chain bottle opener that is part plastic on one side and has a small metal blade on the other half of it. If you have a metal bottle opener try wrapping the trim with a rag. It's definitely start at the very far end and slowly work it up a little at a time over a large area of the trim.

You peel them off from the bottom. there is an extra lip there, I used a paint stick and a small tapping hammer and just worked my way along the strip. however when I took them off I was less concerned about messing the paint up (was repainting). The long one must go on first because of the male/female connection, But the front curved piece has me concerned, I remember when it came off it went flying like it had wings, trying to get it to snap on and still make the curve seems impossible, like it might kink before it gets into place.

Mine are off, will be putting them on next month. I hope you get the answer before we put them back on!

Allen

The trim profile looks like the picture below. Excuse my poor artistic skills. Looking at the pic, the trim installs just like the picture. Hook the top over the top of the drip rail first, then using your palm, knock the lower part in an inward and downward motion to pop it on. It even helps to lube the bottom "S" groove with some kinda lubricant like PBlaster or similar.

Attachments

• DRIP RAIL TRIM PROFILE.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 207
Just put it back on in the reverse order top down.
Be very Gentle it's all you can do .
those are one of the hardest trim pieces to do in my opinion.

yes I got mine back on , a two people project, we managed to do it without messing up my paint job, that's what I was worried about

-
Back