Whats this? (pic)

-

Bad Shrimp

Reaction score
Whats this? Something inside me wants to really unhook it and throw it into the trash.

Untitled-1.png

Really? Go ahead and unhook it, it's just the exhaust control unit. You will get better gas mileage if you unhook it.

Really? Go ahead and unhook it, it's just the exhaust control unit. You will get better gas mileage if you unhook it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:cheers:

great advice buddy!.

but on a more serious note.

you COULD unhook it and throw it in the trash if its a cleaner look your going for under the hood......although, there is a very minor trade off... if your looking to add a lawn ornament to your place than by all means unhook that bad boy.

ecu for electronic ignition. sorry I just couldn`t play along

It's for the stock ignition, so if you have an aftermarket one you may still be able to get rid of it.

Change it out to the Mopar orange ECU or the Chrome ECU. It help it run better.

ummm.....you gotta car with a big block Chrysler in it with fenderwell headers and all the goodies and don't know what that is? Really? It's Chevy time for you.

Stroker Scamp "ummm.....you gotta car with a big block Chrysler in it with fenderwell headers and all the goodies and don't know what that is? Really? It's Chevy time for you."

lol i'm fresh off the boat when it comes to mopars. I gotta learn some how :cheers:

thx for the heads up though

Bad Shrimp

Hey shrimp, dont worry keep asking the questions, we got all kinds of answers including saracastic ones. We all gotta learn somehow

One thing you might consider, is getting all that wiring AWAY from those nice, big, hot, headers

The wires are about 8 in. away from the headers,,,its just the camera angle,,,,,,however the MC is about 0.1" away from the header tube......will be addressed before years end.

Prolly going to move the ECU that my inner brain wanted to throw away towards the fender area, then put on a newer style aluminum MC about 1" higher than current location (going to have to make custom bracket at work).

Bad Shrimp

don't take the sarcastic comments the wrong way....some of us just like to poke fun lol.

as for the master cylinder, they make master shields that divert the heat from the headers......not to mention it would be very simple to make one.

as was mentioned ....you can upgrade to an orange box, seems to be popular with the guys running electronic....I myself am running points and it works just fine so im sticking with it for now.

don't feel bad though......most of us here even the ones with 40+ years dealing with mopars don't know EVERYTHING......and like you said, you got to learn some how.

and asking questions is a great way to start

don't take the sarcastic comments the wrong way....some of us just like to poke fun lol.

as for the master cylinder, they make master shields that divert the heat from the headers......not to mention it would be very simple to make one.

as was mentioned ....you can upgrade to an orange box, seems to be popular with the guys running electronic....I myself am running points and it works just fine so im sticking with it for now.

don't feel bad though......most of us here even the ones with 40+ years dealing with mopars don't know EVERYTHING......and like you said, you got to learn some how.

Yep yep! Just keep on asking! Sorry, you can stir up a sarcastic bunch on here when asking what a part is cuz we are all goofballs:toothy10:. But please dont take it the wrong way, we are just palling around. I am still learning myself.

Amen!

I wish there was a way for clueless people (like me) to know when folks are just kidding.
That's why it's a good idea to wait until there are a few replies before you grab the screwdriver and wire cutters!

-
Back