What's this rallye dash go to, non-a/c

-

pauls340

Reaction score
what years? It's got real nice guages, heater control, nice odometer knob AND it's not cracked. Has overspray on lenses and chrome...thumbwheel radio? Thanks

Attachments

• Abody Rallye dash 67-69.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 286
looks like a 70 only ......i cant see the left corner if there is no hazard light switch then its 70 ....if there is a hazard light on the left upper corner then its a 69. 71 and 67 would have a knob radio

Rani is 100% right, Its either 69 Barracuda or 70 Dart, Duster depending on if it has the hazard light switch on the left top.

That is not a 69. 69 has the rectang in it not round gauges

It has thumbwheel opening, so if it has hazard in the top left, it is 68 or9 cuda. Not sure if the hazard isnt in top left

actually i just went out and looked and if it has the hazard light switch then it could be a 68 ....i didnt see any difference from a 68 and 69 except that all the 68 s i have seen were pebble grain and silver ....but this could have been re-finished

I dont think 68 had the thumbwheel radio so it would be 69-70 only'

I dont think 68 had the thumbwheel radio so it would be 69-70 only'

68 had a thumbwheel but all the numbers on that speedo are oriented the same direction. On a 68 the numbers tilted as they went around the dial.

The wood grain is also wrong for a 68 Barracuda.

I does not have a hazard flasher, so 67-69? The top dash has a date on the back 1968, this one is also for sale

Attachments

• Abody Rallye dash 67-69a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 221
I does not have a hazard flasher, so 67-69? The top dash has a date on the back 1968, this one is also for sale

no hazard ...then 70 only ...thats a good piece ....i spent almost a year to find a nice one like that for my 70 swinger

OK so it's a 70. And it's darn near complete. The gauges are whiter than mine, the heater control is smoother. Don't know if any works but they are there AND it's not cracked or broken ! The radio surround is not cutup ! I'm going to sell both these dashes.

Just for more additional information...

1967 Barracuda had round radio knobs like most radios.

1968 Barracuda had thumb wheel radio knobs and burlwood wood grain if there was wood grain but not all were wood grain.

1969 Barracuda had thumb wheel radio knobs and a open wood grain. I don't know if all 69s had wood grain.

In each year there is also a different AC bezel that is part of the main bezel with push button holes in it if the car had AC.

The top 68 has nice lens but a cut out radio, $50+freight. The bottom one is apparently a 70 and is mostly there, $350+freight. Will ship to US and Canada. pm for a better description.

Has anyone purchased one of the aftermarket bezels from like year one? They are pricey, just wondering what the quality is like?

Has anyone purchased one of the aftermarket bezels from like year one? They are pricey, just wondering what the quality is like?

A friend of mine bought one from PG classics and is very happy with it.
It was a bit pricey at just under $500, but it fit well and looks great.
It isn't 100% concours correct of course, but very functional for a driver.
His was a '71 Demon without air style.
Original is always better IMHO.
I hope this helps.

I had my 69 Dart dash bezels done by A place called Mr G's (I think it was) Not very happy, called and complained and they sweitched them out with some that were much better. But it was pricey $475.00 5 yrs ago.

well i just went through hell with Auto instruments, and am not real happy. The bezel that was finally shipped after a year looks beautiful, but is incorrect with black paint where the woodgrain should go and painted silver where the black should go. Not a killer, but more delay and wont be exactly the same as origional.

-
Back