Whats up with my speedo?

-

lilgrems86

Reaction score
:blob:I recently replaced my 904 trans in my 75 Duster, I got it all in, runs great. But my speedo jumps like crazy. It did this even before I put the new trans in, I just thought it was because that trans was going. But I guess it had nothing to do with that. The gears for the speedo in the trans are fine so I'm not sure whats going on. Like I said the speedo bounces litterally it will not sit still, say im going 30, the speedo will bounce from 20 to 45 non stop. I have no idea how fast I am going till after 50 mph then the bouncing isnt as bad, it just stays within 5mph either way of my speed. Whats going on?

have you tryed replacing the speedo cable? and is the speedo cable your using the right length?

The cable turns a pretty close 90 degree turn just about under the drivers seat. There is where the bounce comes from. You can disconnect just the instrument end, pull the cable out, clean it w/ brakeclean and push it back in with white litium grease and hope that cures it or.. go a step further and disconnect the trans end of the sheathe also and flush the empty sheathe with brakclean and compressed air ( from the top down ofcourse ) before reinserting the cable w/ grease.
I've seen the cable wear through the wall of the sheathe before it finally breaks.

-
Back