[/IMG]
000_0161.jpg
[/IMG]

notice in the last 2 shots the bracket is bent down somewhat

000_0163.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0162.jpg
[/IMG]

That is sweet.That is a HUGE help.Im guessing your using the stock length cable?I have up to this point been using the large hole on the carb, with a stock looking linkage on it that threads through the hole.I'll try your way using the smaller hole.Thanks.I love that car man, by the way.Thats what im shooting for.

And i hate to do this,but one more question (for now)lol.I see you have a pan evac system on there.All i have are two open K&N breathers,which im getting some blowby out of when it's warm.Did that evac system help you in any way?

That is sweet.That is a HUGE help.Im guessing your using the stock length cable?I have up to this point been using the large hole on the carb, with a stock looking linkage on it that threads through the hole.I'll try your way using the smaller hole.Thanks.I love that car man, by the way.Thats what im shooting for.

stock length /6 cable lol

And i hate to do this,but one more question (for now)lol.I see you have a pan evac system on there.All i have are two open K&N breathers,which im getting some blowby out of when it's warm.Did that evac system help you in any way?

The car belongs to my son , he is away at the present time , and I don't know , sorry. Dane

Cool.Iv'e heard alot of good things about them.Im running an M-1 although i'd like to have an Indy.Some guys here have been trying to talk me into getting a supersucker for mine,but im not sure it wpould benifit me yet.

The convertor is not holding the engine. Meanign the stall is off, and it's way inefficient in high gear. Talk to Lenny at Ultimate Convertor Concepts. PTC is also good. You will want a special unit to make the flash stall you need with the street manners. Teh heads may be a mess W5s are known for a few quircks. Like core shift, porosity, and typical Mopar quality machine work. So it is very likely they are a limimt on power. To be honest, I would have a head flowed first, to see what the thing can get for air. Then see if it's makign the power it should. WIth the rigth head package, I would expect you to be in the 530-550hp range. Maybe not 10.0s, but with the right race oriented package, high tens is doable. I'm also skeptical of Demons, but an 830 Holley is equal to a 750 Demon because of how they are rated. So that 870 Demon is a bit bigger. I would be looking to port the heads, do a little intake work, add a 1" open spacer, and get a 950cfm Race Holley or larger. You have to know what the heads will support before you know what you're missing. Post results of leakdown too.

The W5's prolly need a good port cleaning if they havn't already had it,out of the box they wern't that great but with some port and cleanup work there on par or better than the indy heads IMO.My brother runs a pair in his altered and it's running in the 8's on alchy.

Thanks Moper.I have heard about the problems you mentioned wth W5's.From what i've read, the earlier ones had some problems with casting ect that the later heads supposedly fixed.Mine are the later heads and im hoping their ok.Thanks for the info and i will post those numbers when i get them.Putting a full exhaust on this Saturday so maybe i can actually tune on it in the nieghborhood lol.

Yeah ace26.Their straight out of the box.When i first bought them i didnt notice that the guides would almost be submerged in oil wih no way for the oil to drain back out of the valve spring pockets.By the time i bought the TTi's and had the machine work done for the drain back and bought the rockers,i couldnt afford to have the heads worked over,or find a good place to do them.Im hoping that might be one reason for the poor performance.That will be adressed after a converter haha.Thanks for the help.

Address the engine first. Because when the engine changes, so will the convertor...

True.Damn haha.One step forward,two steps back.I'll gain on it eventually.If i can get it to run like i think it can,it will be one of the fastest street driven cars in town,and the fastest Mopar in town by quite a bit.I just want to give some cheby's a hard time.Lol

.. then focus on the goal, and the best way to get there. Follow that sequence, and you wont be disappointed, won't overspend, and will minimize down time.

Zombie thread.,reboot. New converter,new roller cam,new carb,14:1 pistons. Tickles the 9:90 @ 134 ,no power adders. Known him forever. Took my shop over,when I left. This guy bleeds Mopar.

Rob,gotta get pictures, of the Pro Street 70 Cuda,he picked up. Still 80's style.

He bounces ,Ed. Thinking ,A.G.central. He wakes me up,with 2 gear pass occasionally, at 7a.m.(The Derelict Donuts,at OSH thing.)

He bounces ,Ed. Thinking ,A.G.central. He wakes me up,with 2 gear pass occasionally, at 7a.m.(The Derelict Donuts,at OSH thing.)

lol Osh! you live next to it? used to have family that lived in the two story apt right behind it

-
Back