What's Wrong With This Picture????

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
I could kill right now. It hurts too much to explain. I'm one pissed **** ready to shove some fireworks up somebody's azz (my painter's)

DSC03933.jpg

DSC03934.jpg

Everything is going back to metal. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Packing the car up and taking it elsewhere. No summer cruising for me...... again. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

man,,,I'm speechless,,allI can say is,,,take a deep breath and don't kill anybody,,,sorry to see what happened

geezus, thats as bad as anything i've ever seen! i feel for ya, man. Might wanna chill for a couple days before any action tho. that really blows

i would make sure he heard my opinion, take it elsewhere and then write a bad review on yelp, yahoo, etc.

I already told him i can't trust him to fix the car. Friend or no friend. DONE.

At the least he offered to strip the whole car back down.

Now I just need a good reputable painter who does not talk **** out of his azz. You know what I mean already Steve.

Your condolences are appreciated since you guys are like family.

painters are hard to get to do the job right.

I had my hood soda blaster and told him when I took it to body shop. He epoxy primered without preping properly, good thing only the primer peeled off and not afte the car was painted

took car to someone else to finish and they had to strip hood completely top and bottom to remove the primer and prep the hood

feel your pain, Inhale ~ exhale ~ BREATH DEEP

Yeah I think I would be pissed too. Looks like he never cleaned it before laying the paint. I may not be the best painter, but I have never had that happen. Good luck on getting it done right, does suck you won't be able to enjoy it this summer.

Could it be that it`s just the primer on that door that`s got something in it that the paint doesn`t agree with? Have you noticed any other parts of the car doing the same thing?

Dave,
What the F##k !!!!
Is this guy going to give you any money back?
My car should be getting sprayed within a week or 2.
This guy is meticulous.
Let me know if you are interested in him.

Damn, I didnt even know it would do that. That sux man, a huge setback im sure. Hope you find a guy that gets it done right this time.....

Dave,
What the F##k !!!!
Is this guy going to give you any money back?
My car should be getting sprayed within a week or 2.
This guy is meticulous.
Let me know if you are interested in him.

John let your guy know I may be sending work his way. I'm sure I'll get to see your car when it's done.

by the way 2:56am............
Just got home from a bitchin night out. Kickazz 80's hair band rocked the house. Hot tramps everywhere tonight. So I feel a a little better. Wait..............we're talking about my car. Damn it.........at least I got a few deep breaths in before screaming and mashing. I feel better now.

Tomorrow is another day. Happy 4th all.

Dave that sucks ! Im sorry to see that. Not sure that I would use Kick *** and 80s hair band in the same context as you though, LOL Ok, Maybe I just wouldnt admit to it.

Don't they know you need to let primer cur and sand before you add more coats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:read2:
Man that sure douse Suck!
I am glad you had a a bitchin night out. and took a big breath.:cheers:
Have a good 4th bud. Sorry to hear what happened.

Oh man! Sorry to hear Dave. Hope there were plenty of babes in tight skirts and leopard print tops to ease the pain, lol! I remember the 80's well.

BTW Adam, Tesla was a 80's band and they rocked!

That is so fricken wrong, I can't believe it. Tell your "ex" painter that he should consider himself lucky it wasn't me... I'd be bashing more than my keyboard. Especially after beers and 80s metal.

Grant

Nothing a little glue won't fix...........

What caused that? What prep step went haywire? I've never seen anything like that happen, that bad. I feel for ya.....

Dave that sucks ! Im sorry to see that. Not sure that I would use Kick *** and 80s hair band in the same context as you though, LOL Ok, Maybe I just wouldnt admit to it.

LOL Adam. Anything is cool where there are hot chicks everywhere is tight skimpy cloths. It was a 80s metal tribute band and they rocked it for sure. And they were hilarious as well. They are a pretty well known group that plays in Hollywood a lot.

The Problem was a change in product when he shot the doors. Single stage surfacer.

http://www.pclautomotive.com/Product_Profile/912_Primer_Surfacer.pdf

this stuff did not work with the PPG deltron. In addition I believe there was poor environmental conditions at his shop (not a booth), poor surface cleaning and prep before painting. Too many variable I believe were amiss. All the reason I need to finally boot this guy.

Could be other reasons too. I just don't know since I'm not a painter

I took notice on the p-sheet that the product has a 1 year shelf life!! did anyone check the date of manufacture??? Still don't under stand why people still use 1K products!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Oh man that is terrible. Sorry to see that, from reading your threads i know you've had a ton of trouble with the painter and paint on the car and this to top it off. I can't believe it so sorry to see that. Justin

OMG!!! My painter told me if you didn't mix the primer right or let it get too hard or not sand before painting something like that could happen. I've seen stuff like it before but never seen anything so extreme. Your disappointment is palpable and fully justified. Sorry, Dude.

LOL Adam. Anything is cool where there are hot chicks everywhere is tight skimpy cloths.

Roger that. Never was a Tesla fan but I was big in to Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant and Slaughter. You know if that stuff comes on the radio I feel like Im in 6th grade again LOL

:thumbdow: wow i have never seen that happen or heard of that kind of stuff happening, did the paint/primer just peel off or fall off? Thats horrible. Another reason why i never outsource stuff on my car, and being a body guy and all helps.

Good luck on finding a trusty shop

-
Back