What's your A body weigh?

-

72scampguy

Reaction score
Was wondering what our cars really wiegh with or without mods. I have a 72 scamp and was looking for real world numbers. Car is not finished yet a the curiosity is getting to me.

My '72 Scamp weighs 3462 @ the scales @ New England Dragway. Car was born with 318,904, power brakes, power steering and A/C. A/C heater box weighs 48 lbs. Power steering,brakes, A/C compressor, 318/904 are gone. Took 35 lbs of undercoating and excess seam sealer from under car. BB/727, 9",3"driveshaft and 6pt roll bar in it's place. I hope final weight is 3400 or thereabouts. Hope this helps. Tom

my 71 Scamp weighs 3024 - does have fiberglass and several aluminum parts, also no inner fender wells

Mine will be small block car with 6 point cage and 9 inch. Glass hood b7t that's it. Street car. Sounds like you gota whittle on them pretty hard to get to 3000.

My body weighed 180 this morning..
20160611_083753.jpg

Mine will be small block car with 6 point cage and 9 inch. Glass hood b7t that's it. Street car. Sounds like you gota whittle on them pretty hard to get to 3000.
you really do - disk brakes weigh less than drums, a mini starter is a must have, loose the original seats - bucket(s) only, aluminum heads weigh less...

Will have all that. Al. Radiator,heads,rms or hdk front suspension. But also have heater box,backseat,stereo ect. No access. No power brakes. Was fooling myself thinking I was gona be lighter.

Mine came in at 3220. 318, 998, 8.25 rear, fiberglas bumpers, cop wheels, a/c.
C

Duster weight.jpg

Will have all that. Al. Radiator,heads,rms or hdk front suspension. But also have heater box,backseat,stereo ect. No access. No power brakes. Was fooling myself thinking I was gona be lighter.

Look into a Gerst front kit while you're at it.
I saved almost 100 lbs there.
Then go with fiberglass bumpers and if you really wanna get lighter, go fiberglass dash, aluminum bumper brackets and you'll be down to right around 3k or lighter.

3265 in drag trim all steel with the aluminum wheels and rear seat removed. Add about 150 ,200 in street trim.

1972 Duster
410 ci 360/727/ 8-3/4 with Suregrip
Aluminum heads
Mini starter
Frame connectors
Full bucket interior with console
Aluminum radiator with electric fans
Heavy *** Crager SS's
Full tank of gas

Last edited:
1972 Scamp
340/727/8-3/4
Bench seat/column shift
Heater/Iron heads/aluminum intake/340 Hi performance exhaust manifolds/2-1/4 inch full exhaust/Stock starter
Steel wheels/full tank

Was originally a slant car. But had all the upgrades to a 340 car (bars/k member/etc). Weighed 3547lbs with me (200lbs) and a toolkit/spare tire/rim (150lbs) in the trunk. So id say 3200lbs wet weight without me. Maybe a little less. Been meaning to go weigh it again without all the junk in the trunk. Goal is 3000. Buckets/fiberglass hood and maybe fiberglass bumpers should get me there.

3700 lbs full of fuel. EFI'd 408", 200R4, 8 3/4" full US Cartool full chassis stiffening kit, 4 wheel disc brakes, front & rear sway bars and a 4-point cage.

IMG_1005 (Large).JPG

'71 Duster, 3,060 with a full tank of gas, without me, I am 185 so probably around 3,200 'race ready' which is usually with less gas. All steel, full interior no roll bar yet.

Lost some more weight recently hope to be getting down to 3,100 with driver.

71 Dart, 408, aluminum heads, intake, no back seat, lightweight buckets, no power steering, no power brakes, Wilwood discs on front, 8 3/4 with Caltracks, mini starter, aluminum radiator, glass hood and front bumber, 3" duals all the way back and a 904.......2,900 lbs., without me. I have no cage in it yet, so that will ad some.

71 duster
408-727-8 3/4
full interior
A/C
half a tank of gas
all of me

My '74 Dart Sport.
408 iron heads, aluminum intake, headers & 904. Full interior and exhaust system. 3520 with me in it.

-
Back