Whats your favourite car(s) from the 70s and ealy 80s?

-

Plymouth 340

Triple Digit Ride
Reaction score
What is your fav. cars from 70s and EARLY 80s? Anything from movie cars to ones you owed! It can be Mopar or other cars.
My list.
77 Trans Am
71 'Cuda
71 Duster

70 to 73 Firebird Formula,71 to 73 Mach 1 Mustang.83 to 85 Mustang GT.

i got a big list,wish i was rich

78/79 t-top magnum
80/81 m-body coupe
80/81 m-body wagon
73 monte carlo with 77 header panel
mid-late 70s ramcharger/trailduster
70s dodge dually
70s dodge van
77-79 2 door new yorker
68 chrysler 300
73-74 charger se
71 satillite
64 imperial
71 split bumper camaro
71 boattail rivi
67-69 impala

yeah,,,i got a problem

ahhh the early 80s remember them well...good stuff

Attachments

• 80s.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 81s.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 138
From that era, I'd have to say the little red express truck. Specifically the 1978 model. It was the fastest domestic production "car" for 1978. Be some embarrassin **** to get your 1978 corvette's doors blowed off by a Dodge truck......but it happened.

Without doubt my all time favorite car was my old 70 RR 440 sixpack. I was actually looking for a 64 or 70 B body when I found the 67 Dart.

If I EVER win the lottery.......................

The mopar cop cars, up until they really shrunk them in 1982-yeah they still look ok but I knew a guy who owned a security firm. I got to jump in them and run them around the block, too tight inside--would hate to hit something with them

The first time mopar shrunk them in 1979 with the Newport-St Regis was cool, just perfect in fact. A good 500 lbs lighter then the old 1977 Gran Fury tanks and better handling. I had a 77 Gran Fury, was awesome, so tough. This time of year I could get through 10--12 inches of snow on all seasons tires and 100 lbs of salt in the trunk.

What would happen is the snow would build up in front and then after a good 1/8 of a mile stop the car. Would be a wall of snow. so I would back up and hit that wall of snow at 15 mph foot still on the gas. that get me father on down the road.

I loved that car, once a cement truck try knocking me off the road...way way back when it was cool to hate road workers cloging up the roads. Traffic was backed up but I see a lane on the right with a large drop off from the road pavement being replaced. I went on over and was doing a good 25 mph and some jerks yelled and a cement truck gentile used his big front tire to smack my left Q panel. He hit too early and got me right by the rear wheel it made a big boom but I hold the steering wheel straight and car went straight. I got the hell out of there, oh that was freaken great, never heard a peep from the police. Heck back then F&E was just a misdemeanor. If any thing I might have had an assault complaint on that driver who tried knocking my fury off the road/ I would had had problems if it happen but it didn't, lol.I did have a nice size dent but the car was beat up to start with, just one more dent ha ha

Cars should perform well. My 1977 Gran Fury was better than any thing I can buy new today, IMO expect maybe those $300,000 Rolls. Heck that car was so tough, hold the road so good. Was so comfy, I got how many chicks in the front seat--I forgot but can recall a few. Now we got center consoles in the front seats

1970 mach 1 Mustang
1971-1972 Chevelle SS/Heavy Chevy
1975 Formula Firebird
1971 Duster 340
1970 T/A Challenger

70-72 Dusters, 71-72 Demons, 84 Rampages, and all the dodge trucks from the 70s

2nd car i ever bought, sophmore in highschool.... 68 barracuda 340 formula s $700 drove it through college, got stolen in myrtle beach. found it 5 years later stripped a host of 5l stangs and a couple of turbo tbirds. currently an 02 lightning, hot 4l jeep cherokee and a 85 dodge pu with a mild 360 magnum

-
Back