Whats your opinions on power?

-
I was looking in the 425-435 range.

Gotcha....yeah, that might be a little optimistic, but those are just numbers. As long as it puts a smile on your face and runs the ET you want it doesn't matter how high the dyno number is.

If I had to venture a guess I would say upper 300's in hp. The cam is a little small and so is the carb. Fix that and you will see the numbers that you seek.

Running a solid cam is not a huge maintenance issue. At first I checked lash once a month, but found that it was not necessary. I only adjust mine once a year (before race season) now that I know it doesn't change much, and check it once in the middle of summer just for piece of mind...but it is always the same.

Did you have an ET goal, or is this just a street cruiser?

I hear ya, mine pulls double duty as a street cruiser too. Well, I hope I'm wrong, but I think you're going to be about a second slower...probably mid 12's with good hook.

Where do your race at? I spend most of my summer at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indy.

If you have to adjust lash frequently something will be wrong...like cam grinding flat or loose adjusting nuts...

I run at Muncie a few times a year, and Edgewater once in a great while...I had a problem with aggressive bee's the last time I was at Edgewater (about 2 years ago in the fall). Those little guys were chasing me all over the place, had to hide in my truck...lol.

Lol. Edge is only like 40 mins away for me. The track kinda sucks...But Its close. Muncie is sticky as hell last time I took my SRT there.

Edgewaters my home track. Hopefully I'll see ya there. There's a handful of abody guys there. Good luck and I hope your not planning on getting any good et until summer. That track is a handful when it's cold. Also if your planning on running the summit series good luck. There is a old man with a 71 dart that is spot on.

Lol. Yeah. If its anywhere near chilly youll just blitz the tires off. Hopefully I'll be good to go by late spring. I usually just go on test and tune night. I dont bracket or anything.

Edgewaters my home track. Hopefully I'll see ya there. There's a handful of abody guys there. Good luck and I hope your not planning on getting any good et until summer. That track is a handful when it's cold. Also if your planning on running the summit series good luck. There is a old man with a 71 dart that is spot on.

Must be Hasse (I think that is spelled right)....he wins a VERY often...and in the final almost every week.

I'm not sure of his name but it's a white dart with a 408 I think. Said he bought the car new. Hell of a driver.

Lol. Yeah. If its anywhere near chilly youll just blitz the tires off. Hopefully I'll be good to go by late spring. I usually just go on test and tune night. I dont bracket or anything.

Well hopefully I'll see ya there. My darts bronze with a black vinyl top. Don't be a stranger.

I was looking in the 425-435 range.

Well you're close. Change the cam and carb. Use a desent ignition, and headers, which you didn't mention. With those rockers I'll just assume you wanna go racing. Try NOS. That'll get you there.

I'm in the process of getting a 750. Know anyone wanting a 650 Holley? Lol

Why not take the 650 Holley and swap in a Proform 750 main body? Thats what I did years ago (picking up 3 tenths and 3 mph at the time)....and I still use that same carb on my 410 stroker. For about 100 bucks for the main body, it is WAY cheaper than getting a whole new carb.

It has a 114 LSA so that makes the intake valve closing late. That'll help keep cylinder pressure down so you might get lucky.

He should be able to run it with pump 93. I'm running an 11:1 390 with a slight race gas mix, and it's perfectly happy.

Its showing the bodies being the same for 600-800 cfm.....Odd. Is the jet sizing the only difference? I would think the body would be bigger for the more cfms?

The bore sizes should be bigger for a 750 vs. a 650.

Its showing the bodies being the same for 600-800 cfm.....Odd. Is the jet sizing the only difference? I would think the body would be bigger for the more cfms?

If I recall correctly, the main body flows something like 830 cfm. Yes, it is the same one for multiple applications. When I did mine, I had to go up in jets quite a bit, but if you don't mind carb tuning it works out well.

Again, if I recall correctly, the 650 and 750 use the same base plate, that's why it works.

Ok guys. Ive got my 750 carb. Looking to grab the 528 in the next few days. Ive got a couple questions. The cam in it currently is advanced 4*. Should I do the same with the 528? And do you guys see any type of clearance issues as far as valves/pistons go? The piston is 4 thou below deck.

-
Back