wheel adapter

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my 73 duster with a slant six has the 5 on 4 pattern. So I was wondering if I can use a wheel adapter to put 5 on 4 1/2 Rims on? Wise idea just until I get a 8 3/4 rear end lol... and would anyone know where to get so.e adapters

8 3/4 a body rears are all small bolt pattern, so nothing will change. Does your car have disk brakes?

search wheel adapters here. Topic has been dicussed several times.

8 1/4 came in both, and are MUCH cheaper and easier to find.
There is a pick a part in the LA area that has an original Duster 360 with an 8 1/4" At least as of a month ago. The 4bbl kickdown linkage going into my car came from that, and was only $15.00. I have a buddy out that way that got it for me. I'll try and get the address of that yard.

Just because the 8.75 A-body rear was SBP originally doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. I'm piecing one together now. I started with an 8.75 housing and added Moser axles drilled to a 4½" bolt pattern. I have 11" brakes from a 70 T&C that I've put the A-body cables into. I got new drums from AZ. I've been patient picking up pieces which has helped keep costs down. I figure by the time I'm done, I'll have about $700 in a SG 8.75" 3.55:1 A-body rear axle.

-
Back