Wheel adapters safe???

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Anyone have experience on the 5x4 to 5x4.5 wheel adapters. Found some on e-bay. Are they safe for the front?

There's a recent thread on this where lots of people weighed in. Generally, it was felt they were ok if: the mounting surfaces were perfectly flat; the car is not driven hard; and if lugnuts are checked regularly for tightness. Some people were dead set against them no matter what. Try a forum search.

I was going to get some, and the thread that goldfish65 is talking about turned me around on the whole idea. They have been proven UNSAFE!!!

i cannot say it is the best thing to do. i am running a set in the rear of my demon for now till finish the bbp upgrade. i have seen several types of adapters and some are alot better than others. i have the strong heavier made kind on mine. i still want them off but for now they will have to do. i have never had any problems with mine at all........use your own judgement here

here are the kind i have now. these are very good, and strong. http://www.streetsideauto.com/produ...mber=7072&Skip=True&LookupType=NON&Reset=True

send_binary.jpg

The ones pictured are the ones I was considering.

I ran them on a few cars with no problems. Always check to make sure the lugs are tight, before you go cruisin'. I always considered them a temporary fix, until I could upgrade to the larger bolt pattern.

The ones pictured are the ones I was considering.
i think you would be ok with these. i have had mine on for 4 years now, although i do want them off now that i have the new axles for my car......good luck!

I have been known to cut corners, but this is one place I would not go. There are quality billet pieces out there (at least what I have heard), but I wouldn't trust them.

wheel adapters yes wheel spacers not really depending on size I have 1/8 spacers and my friend has the adapters and we car both fine

-
Back