Wheel and Tire Size Recommendations Wanted - 69 A-Body

-

moparvinny

Reaction score
I need to purchase some wheels and tires for my 69 Dart (340 stroker/727). The vehicle retains the stock 4" Bolt pattern (manual drum brake setup). It has an 8.75 rear axle with a 3.91 gear ratio. The rear springs have not been relocated inboard, so I have stock wheel well clearances.

I'm considering putting a set of 15" steel wheels in the rear (with dog dish hub caps) and a narrow set of wheels up front. Any recommendations? 15"X6" or 15"X7"? Tire recommendations (brand/size)?

Thoughts for up front?

Lately, I've seen vehicles with Cragar or American Racing wheels up front (15"X4.5") and steel wheels in the rear. (M/T ET Front or Sportsman)

The car will not see excessive amounts of road driving just to local events or trailed to Mopar events at track.

In my 68 fastback, I have 15x7 in the front, and 15x8 in the rear. I am running the Mickey Thompson ST sportsman radials with the white lettering on the outside and they look good. No pictures, I'm at work so I'll try to get some up later. 215/70/15 26.7" tire diameter in the front, and 255/60/15 27" tire diameter in the rear. A little rubbing when I go over bumps due to the old worn out leafs in the rear (to be replaced when I get the cash).

https://www.summitracing.com/search...1-polished-wheels?autoview=SKU&ibanner=SREPD5

I'm with otto on this one
except, I would love to see those mags in a natural color, instead of polished

I also have a 69 Dart 340 Swinger. I also have the small bolt pattern and stock wheel wells. I have 15x7 with a 245/60/15. The steel wheels were ordered from wheel vintiques with a 4 1/4 back space. Took a while to get them, but it's centered between the wheel well and the leaf spring. Can't get a finger between the the springs or wheel well.

I also have a 69 Dart 340 Swinger. I also have the small bolt pattern and stock wheel wells. I have 15x7 with a 245/60/15. The steel wheels were ordered from wheel vintiques with a 4 1/4 back space. Took a while to get them, but it's centered between the wheel well and the leaf spring. Can't get a finger between the the springs or wheel well.
Any chance of a photo?
Would 235s help with the clearance?
My wife has a '69 WSS Dart that needs wider wheels but we don't want any rubbing at all.
Cheers

I have 255/60/15 on the back. I use the offset shackle kit and have good clearance on both sides.

IMG_1609.JPG

Any chance of a photo?
Would 235s help with the clearance?
My wife has a '69 WSS Dart that needs wider wheels but we don't want any rubbing at all.
Cheers
Oddly, I haven't taken any pics of it. Maybe when it doesn't rain every day here. You can use 235s. I wanted the biggest issue could fit without rubbing,so I did the 245. I have heard that these cars can vary from the factory. Might want to measure to be sure.

-
Back