Wheel bearing on rotors?

-
Reaction score
Any idea how to get this out? It looks like a bearing, a rubber seal around it, and some other kind of ring around that. And even if I get it out, does that mean I have to get new bearings pressed into the rotor?

Best thing to do is down load the factory service manual.
Do a search on here to find it.
The rubber thing is just a seal, remove the seal and the bearing will fall right out.
The bearing rides on a race, if you replace the bearing, you have to replace the race.
The race is seated in pretty tight so you need to remove it with a soft brass or aluminum punch so you dont scratch or gouge the rotor hub.

A photo would help here to see what exactly you're talking about.

remove the seal and the bearing will fall out, the bearing race will need to be removed and a new one put in if your putting new bearing in (they come as a set)

Any idea how to get this out? It looks like a bearing, a rubber seal around it, and some other kind of ring around that. And even if I get it out, does that mean I have to get new bearings pressed into the rotor?

A year of the rotor would also help. On a rotor there is an inner seal, an inner wheel bearing, an inner wheel bearing race, an outer wheel bearing and outer wheel bearing race when the rotor is off the car.
You can put in a new race at home since it isn't pressed in. Just keep it straight when installing it. I used a block of wood to install the races.

Sorry my bad, it's a 76 Duster rotor. Yeah I kinda figured the race was pressed in, and the bearing's just sorta flopping around in there. Wasn't quite sure how to get the seal out though. Guess I just gotta muck with it a bit more.

Sorry my bad, it's a 76 Duster rotor. Yeah I kinda figured the race was pressed in, and the bearing's just sorta flopping around in there. Wasn't quite sure how to get the seal out though. Guess I just gotta muck with it a bit more.

screwdriver, just shove it in on an angle (accross the opening into the opposite side) and pry down the seal will pop right out. then it can be replaced

Thanks guys. I had tried all that was suggested but I guess just didn't find the right groove to put the screwdriver in. Once I found it, the seal, bearing, and race popped right out.

-
Back