wheel clearence

-

74demon

Reaction score
ok here the deal i put me rear suspension together and i have a issue with the area around my wheels it might be the wheels i am using there l60 15 im just using them to roll it around right now but do plan on going with 15inch rims i do have a moser 60 rear under it but i went with the factory bolt pattern but it just dose not look right every thing is new nothing used or orginal to the car

rr.jpg
right rear back side
rf.jpg
right rear front side
lr.jpg
left rear back side
lf.jpg
left rear front side

Looks as thought the rearend is cocked one way. You need to make it right side to side and front to back. im assuming the perches are not yet welded?

Looks fine to me just a little high. Are those super stock leaf springs? and how tall are those tires 27"-28"?

Its normal for more space in the back of the tires and it could be the body thats off the 1/4" in front.

the springs are the extra heavy duty ones from mancini racing and another thing the rims are uni lugs do you think that could have it out of wack because i can see its not centerd around the hub ..with thos rims its not gonna happen no mater what i do....the rear came from moser all ready weld up all i had to do was bolt it in had no issues there at all didt have to fight it to line up also this car is a roller there is nothing here but metal no eng trans etc just metal and glass

It's the springs. I know you said XHD springs, but are they +2" or +3" over stock?

When you jack up the car that much the wheel/tire moves forward.

What does the rear shackle angle look like?

there stright just like the old ones where with the old factory setup ...the hight is all spring there are nothing add no shocks and standard shackles

..............u could put a spacer inbetween the hanger and the body......kim............

Or fabricate a new set of front hangers with the spring mounting hole moved back an inch.

Or fabricate a new set of front hangers with the spring mounting hole moved back an inch.
I moved my rear back 1 inch(66 Dart)when I did my spring relo and minitub.Made good room for bigger tires.I have Caltracs and mono-leafs also,rear hangers are straight with 29 inch slicks.:D

the springs are the extra heavy duty ones from mancini racing and another thing the rims are uni lugs do you think that could have it out of wack because i can see its not centerd around the hub ..with thos rims its not gonna happen no mater what i do....the rear came from moser all ready weld up all i had to do was bolt it in had no issues there at all didt have to fight it to line up also this car is a roller there is nothing here but metal no eng trans etc just metal and glass

So the perches are already welded how do you set the pinion angle?

And yes tire size is going effect this... Going larger puts them closer to the front.

im going to have to hope to god that its where it needs to be but with this build since nothing else has been right since the day i got the car that wont be right either ...moser said its direct bolt in just as if you had the stock stuff im sure its not

-
Back