wheel openings

-

jockeyshift

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for template for opening rear wheel wells on a 68 dart for larger tires

if your axle is centered, tie a string around the center cap, tie a sharpie to the other end and start marking

Yes its center I was thinking of that hemi dart opening on a 64 dart. I like the old school openings to.

What size tire are you wanting to run? The factory wheel openings on a '68 Dart look so much better than the Hemi wheel well openings, but that is only my opinion.

Well when you have a 495 RB under the hood 727 & 410 in the rear the bigger the tire the better off I'm going to be

About a year ago I seen a 66 dart with the wheel openings cut like the 67 hemi dart are and they look good . That's why they would look even better on my 64 dart.The tires now are 29/12/15 I want to go 2 to 3 inch's wider 1/1/2 iner 1/12 outer on a 15/12 rim

About a year ago I seen a 66 dart with the wheel openings cut like the 67 hemi dart are and they look good . That's why they would look even better on my 64 dart.The tires now are 29/12/15 I want to go 2 to 3 inch's wider 1/1/2 iner 1/12 outer on a 15/12 rim

68 Hemi Dart possibly? I like them clean and tucked under.

I agree with Justinp61. They look 100 times better with the stock wheel opening. I don't understand why people do that to a Dart. Buy the correct wheel offset rims. But it is your car.

Well when you have a 495 RB under the hood 727 & 410 in the rear the bigger the tire the better off I'm going to be

Do you have any friends that can weld affordably? Mini-tubs and a leaf spring relocation kit is what you really need for that combo.

Do you mean like this?

IMG_20160526_135721.jpg

You mean, like the era these cars came from?

Yes, there's nothing wrong with being stuck in that era but most people don't care for that look anymore. To jack up the rear of the car and hang the meats out 2 inches just looks like it wasn't done properly these days, unless it's an old school build or gasser build where someone was looking for that effect.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with being stuck in that era but most people don't care for that look anymore. To jack up the rear of the car and hang the meats out 2 inches just looks like it wasn't done properly these days, unless it's an old school build or gasser build where someone was looking for that effect.
Never said anything about jacking up the rear. If you look at Gassers of the late 60s early 70s they were actually slammed at rear with the wheel wells radiused almost all the way to the top of the quarters.
There's also a matter of practicality. On my current Grudge build, I have the wheel openings radiused so that I can pop the wheels off quickly, with nothing in the way.
Its form following function, the way it's supposed to be.

My springs are in board as far as they can go its tubed and the rear is cut to 50 inchs. I'ts has a a100 straight axle but it sets level at 12 inchs ground clearance

Bill from RMS sell a template for the 67-9 darts like the s/s hemi darts wheel opening

What kind of 60 ft. do you get with your back end up?
ive only been out to the track once, and i dont have all the numbers here BUT the one i did have, was 60 ft. 1.9853

not sure if thats good or not

-
Back