Wheel Seals / Bearings Races etc for the Stock KH Disc Hubs

-

slant six

Do More With Less
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to Refurbish Some KH Hubs for a project that I am keeping the SBP 5 on 4" pattern on.

Are the Seals, bearings and races all the same as the 10" Front Brakes for this application?

I cannot find any listing for these parts on Rockauto.

If the parts are not the same can anyone provide me with the part numbers for the Inner seal / and inner / outer bearings and races?

Much appreciated!

Hello,

I am looking to Refurbish Some KH Hubs for a project that I am keeping the SBP 5 on 4" pattern on.

Are the Seals, bearings and races all the same as the 10" Front Brakes for this application?

I cannot find any listing for these parts on Rockauto.

If the parts are not the same can anyone provide me with the part numbers for the Inner seal / and inner / outer bearings and races?

Much appreciated!
Yes

Yes, thank you. I have two sets and two cars to convert. I have read much of this in other places but this is the first time I have seen the link to the thread posted. Thanks again.

Have you removed the pistons yet? Sometimes the bores are so bad that they need sleeving. In that case it would be better to let a professional do the whole thing.

Timken Set 2 and Set 6 bearings. Timken 6840S seals. Or equivalents.
I think Rock Auto refers to K-H discs as 11" in the same listings as the 10" drums, which are just referred to as 10", with no reference to drums.

Have you removed the pistons yet? Sometimes the bores are so bad that they need sleeving. In that case it would be better to let a professional do the whole thing.
As long as the seal slot is good, pits in the housing are no big deal with KH brakes. It's the pistons you have to inspect for pits.

Yes, the pistons are the "sliding/moving" part that ride against the seal. They need to be smooth. Rock Auto may have some, I ordered some a while back.
As long as the seal slot is good, pits in the housing are no big deal with KH brakes. It's the pistons you have to inspect for pits.

Yes, the pistons are the "sliding/moving" part that ride against the seal. They need to be smooth. Rock Auto may have some, I ordered some a while back.
I just bought 8 New Pistons and 2 Seal Kits From RockAuto. Once I popped out the Frozen Pistons out of the calipers it seems that I actually could have tried to clean a few up and reuse them, but since 8 new ones were available I bought them!

Splash Shields? for KH Front Brakes

Are the splash shields available or Just nos / used? I need a left one only - Any hope that they swap with the KH mustang splash shields?

Last edited:
Splash Shields? for KH Front Brakes

Are the splash shields available or Just nos / used? I need a left one only - Any hope that they swap with the KH mustang splash shields?
Unobtanium........You have to find them used. And, left and right are the same. Not sure about the Mustang application, but I doubt it.

-
Back