Wheel size for 76 duster

-

MeucciGarage

Mopars Unlimited Seattle
Reaction score
Hey Fabo members got a quick and hopefully easy question for everyone. I'm a young gun who owns a 76 plymouth duster with a 225 slant six 4 speed with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern disc up front and drums in the back. I have the stock axle which is a 7 1/4 I believe. I'm in the market for some new wheels and tires cuz mine are shot. I plan on converting to a 8 3/4 rear end hopefully this fall but by next summer for sure. Wheel size and tire combo are much appreciated sorry in advance if throughout this thread I ask stupid obvious questions.

hey fabo members got a quick and hopefully easy question for everyone. I'm a young gun who owns a 76 plymouth duster with a 225 slant six 4 speed with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern disc up front and drums in the back. I have the stock axle which is a 7 1/4 i believe. I'm in the market for some new wheels and tires cuz mine are shot. I plan on converting to a 8 3/4 rear end hopefully this fall but by next summer for sure. Wheel size and tire combo are much appreciated sorry in advance if throughout this thread i ask stupid obvious questions.

hi, this is what, i am going to run on my 76 duster/72/340/8-1/4/3:55 posi, they are 15 x 8 ss cragar with 255/60r15 rear and 15 x 6 ss cragar with 215/65r15 on front, if you change to a 8-3/4" rear you will have a 4" bolt pattern . Hope this helps have a great day, show pics when you get rims.

Attachments

• SAM_1671.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 282
I am running a 68 B-body 8.75 under my 75 Duster which is about 2" wider than the stock A body rear. This allows you to keep big bolt circle and requires a little more backspace. 15 x 8 or 15 x 7 and 275-60-15 for the rear. Anything taller than 205-70-15 on the front tends to rub. With my big block and fender well headers I'm limited to some fairly short 14" tires up front on the Duster. Darts have a little better wheel opening.

You should keep something close to stock on the front. (1) inch wider than stock is good. Either a 6 or 7 inch rim. Out back, 15 inch wheels work well 7 or possibly 8 inches wide. You can learn about back spacing on wheel company websites and also check what is safe for your car. Lite weight wheels work best because they reduce unsprung weight and are easier for your rotating assembly to turn improving performance. You can go bigger too, but you will have to measure

thank you for all the help guys! i dont have them yet but here are the wheels and back tires (brand new) that im getting for a screamin deal from a guy in our club, hoping to run these until i get my new rear end and my dream set up which is slot megs, centerlines, or silver basset racing wheels (will match future color combo.

Attachments

• IMAG0224.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 261
-
Back