wheel size help with slicks

-

mechanic190

Reaction score
I am planning on runnin 32 x 14 x 15 slicks on my drag car my question is what's the pros and cons of running it with a 12 inch wide wheel? 14 inch?

Up front i'll tell you i never ran a tire bigger than a 12", but with that said, the 12" wheel may be ok on a auto. footbrake car. If you're hitting them hard with a clutch or T/brake i think the 14" are the way to go. Different manufactures tires actully measure different from the marked specs. In my opinion you should probably talk to the tire maker you choose and get their recomendation. I really think the low pressure required and the sidewall twist/flex with the 12" wheel will make you inconsistant. Just my thoughts and i hope someone using the exact setup chimes in.

440 tunnel ram dual carb pretty hot cam. Around 5000 stall 727 will be upgrading to a t brake just not at first. Narrowing a Dana 60 with 4.88 gears and spool

440 tunnel ram dual carb pretty hot cam. Around 5000 stall 727 will be upgrading to a t brake just not at first. Narrowing a Dana 60 with 4.88 gears and spool

back in the day, I did it on a 67 superstock hemi car, 12" is about the absolute min.,you will have to run about 1-1 1/2 lbs less air pressure ,( did it for years) "10.40`s on superstock springs" on another note, can`t remember who, but someone had a 14" slick listed for a 12" rim. I`d call jegs and other places to find them. bob

If you go to Summit site and look up MT or Hoosier slicks,then click on the application.It will tell you true diameter and buldge factor.Good info to know when choosing rims and tires.Good luck.

-
Back