Wheel studs for rear disk brake conversion

-

Haney

www.carsonandironmt.com
Reaction score
I am installing my right stuff rear disk brake kit on my 8 3/4 and it appears that the factor drum brake studs have a shoulder that is holding the caliper off the axle flange and not letting it seat. Are different studs needed for a disk brake conversion?

I am installing my right stuff rear disk brake kit on my 8 3/4 and it appears that the factor drum brake studs have a shoulder that is holding the caliper off the axle flange and not letting it seat. Are different studs needed for a disk brake conversion?

Yes, there are different studs for drums and disk brake conversions.

DoctorDiff has disk studs for his rear disk conversion kits, they may work with the other kits out there. You might try contacting him.

Dorman Part # 610-446.1
1/2 x 20 x 2 inch long.
These studs give you back your length that the disc takes up.
And you are correct about the stud shoulders holding the disc from seating on the flange.
It took a little moto tooling with the 60 grit sanding drums to open the stud holes enough.
It only took about 5 min per disc to do it.

I'm assuming you meant the disc can't seat and not the caliper.

Last edited:
So, I will put in the longer studs. As for the shoulder not letting the rotor seat on the axle flange, I am going to open up the rotor bolt circle holes. They measure 0.570 and need to be 0.625. Nothing a good 5/8” drill bit won’t cure

-
Back