Wheel Vintiques' new 15" by 4" by 4" BC

-

VOETOM

Reaction score
Got the new front wheels; the rear 15" by 7"s came with the wrong offset but the correct ones are to be built shortly. Pretty heavy but they look pretty good. Sorry the sun is so bright and that I did not touch the photos up. I'll get better ones from all angles when the rears are on.
Tom

Attachments

• DSCN7421.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 805
  • DSCN7424.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 777
  • DSCN7425.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 769
So that's your baby huh?? Pretty sweet! The pics will be handy when I get going on that test mule rim ...

LeAnna, they have sort of a rough and flat powdercoat look. Not sure I have seen a finish like it. It does not , however, look too thick.
You have fun with that wheel I sent, ok?
Tom

Oh, it'll be a lot more fun than fighting with that primer WV uses. I could've sworn you told me they were shipping them bare. :-(

No, remember, it was to cost the same w or w/o powder so I went for the those? I just hope the rear ones arrive shortly so my half-shod car can be completed.
Happy 4th!
Tom

Looks good, I like those skinny wheels on the front. Its pretty hard to find two compatible wheels to build the 4" wide for the fronts in the 4" B.C.

I had some on a car I sold, wish I still had the skinny fronts for another car project.

No, remember, it was to cost the same w or w/o powder so I went for the those? I just hope the rear ones arrive shortly so my half-shod car can be completed.
Happy 4th!
Tom

... but remember it's NOT going to cost the same on my end because I have to blast it all off to start with bare metal. I don't trust anybody else's prep work, nor do I expect you to.

Does Wheel Vintiques sell this 15x4x4 wheel or did you have it custom made? I have been looking for some skinny small bolt pattern steels for the front of my dart.

Yep, they are making them now. Wheel Vintiques and if interested, I'd be glad to let you know the numbers and names of the gentleman helping me. They made a slight error in backspacing on the rears but they are taking care of that, hopefully today or Monday, so I can get mine back on the road before it is too hot this summer.
Tom

Yeah if you can get me his name and number that would be great. Their website doesn't show these.

Walker, this gentleman has been very very helpful to me.

Dan Gregg
Wheel Vintiques
14955 Don Julian Road
City of Industry, CA. 91746
[email protected]
800-959-2100 Ext - 627
626-333-1477 Fax
www.wheelvintiques.com

Lelo Dart, yes, they do and I am waiting for 4.25" backspaced 15" by 7" with a 4" bolt circle right now. They should be on their way shortly. I currently have one pair of their 15" by 7" with 4" backspacing that I think could be sold for a good deal if you or anyone here on FABO needs them.

Tom Hand

So that's your baby huh?? Pretty sweet! The pics will be handy when I get going on that test mule rim ...

Well Tom, I've tried to call you a few times today without any success. Here's a little teaser ... :-D

View attachment 129 - Copy.jpg

After years of experimentation, could it finally be ......... B5???? Keeping my fingers, toes, and everything else I've got two of crossed in the meantime. Call me when you get a few minutes.

Leanna, our internet service has been slow and I did not see these until right now, Sat. early. They look beautiful here too and I hope others pop on to see if they look B5 blue to them. Once I get it back, I'll get the tire on it and bolt it on the car to see how close you got.
Thank you!!
Tom

them

Leanna, our internet service has been slow and I did not see these until right now, Sat. early. They look beautiful here too and I hope others pop on to see if they look B5 blue to them. Once I get it back, I'll get the tire on it and bolt it on the car to see how close you got.
Thank you!!
Tom

them

Thank YOU Tom!!! I sent you a separate email last night -- errrrrr, well, very early this morning anyway lol -- with more pictures taken inside and outside, as well as a few ultra close ups.

The metal flake in the base coat is stunning and the end result with the candy blue on top is a gorgeous color. Even if it's not an exact match for your B5, I'm sure somebody will like it for something. :-D

Thanks again for stepping up to the plate on behalf of B5 Blue owners everywhere in agreeing to help me with this long sought after color match. You have gone well above and beyond the call!! :prayer:

I was surprised to learn from The Amazing Kori Alexander that there is apparently more than one version of B5 Blue depending on the year, and he indicated too that there are some discrepancies between paint manufacturers. As long as we get close to one of them I'll be thrilled to pieces!! :-D Thanks again for everything.

Walker, this gentleman has been very very helpful to me.

Dan Gregg
Wheel Vintiques
14955 Don Julian Road
City of Industry, CA. 91746
[email protected]
800-959-2100 Ext - 627
626-333-1477 Fax
www.wheelvintiques.com

Lelo Dart, yes, they do and I am waiting for 4.25" backspaced 15" by 7" with a 4" bolt circle right now. They should be on their way shortly. I currently have one pair of their 15" by 7" with 4" backspacing that I think could be sold for a good deal if you or anyone here on FABO needs them.

Tom Hand
Ordered the rears. Gonna take 6 weeks though. :(

Finally got all the Wheel Vintiques wheels done and on.

Note the spring-tire clearance in the shots below. The passenger side has 0.250" to 0.325" and the driver's side has about 0.500". The wheels have 4.25" offset so the 4" would likely be best for the passenger side. The wheels are 15" by 7" and the tires are 255-60-R15 BFG Radial TAs.

The car looks pretty tough now sitting at "stock plus one inch height" in the rear (thanks Mike @ Eaton Detroit Springs). Rides and drives very nicely again compared to my old bias ply tires.

Regarding Leanna's powder coated wheel, I will post separate images so you can see it on the car.

Tom Hand

Attachments

• DSCN7463.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN7469.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCN7465.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 369
  • DSCN7464.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 384
  • DSCN7460.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 379
Some more.

Attachments

• DSCN7462.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCN7470.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN7461.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCN7473.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 384
Looking bad a$$! Really diggin the 4" Steelie skinnies up front more and more....may have to look into those for the Duster.

Does Wheel Vintiques sell this 15x4x4 wheel or did you have it custom made? I have been looking for some skinny small bolt pattern steels for the front of my dart.

My 69' Dart custom has 13" wheels all the way around. Never saw this before, and is stock as far as I know. And they run 187/70R13s on them. Doubt the sementry (is that right) would be worth much running these on the front and a tall tire on a 15X10 wheel on the rear

My 69' Dart custom has 13" wheels all the way around. Never saw this before, and is stock as far as I know. And they run 187/70R13s on them. Doubt the symmetry would be worth much running these on the front and a tall tire on a 15X10 wheel on the rear

You wouldn't want to run 13" wheels in front with big-uns in the rear, just would not look right. When drag racing, a taller front tire adds to the roll-out distance before the red light turns on.

The standard a-body 14" wheel was 14 x 4-1/2" wide. (the 13's were 4-1/2" wide too) You had to get the "S" suspension, or GTS, or HD supension w/ sway bar to get the "wide" 14 x 5-1/2" wheels.

It may be possible to use the more common 14 x 4-1/2" wide SBP wheels as cores to get wider wheels made at a wheel shop. I think they usually separate the centers and then weld them to a different size outer rim to get the custom SBP wheels, even 15" diameter.

-
Back