Wheel well trim and emblems on 70 Dart?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
My 70 Dart Custom came with wheel well trim, however when I got the car a bunch of broken pieces were shoved away in the trunk. I do have numerous sets now, so I'm wondering your guys' opinions on if I should put it on or not. I am leaning towards it to break up the paint a little, because I'm not doing a stripe, and I don't have a blackout hood.

Here's my car..

I'm also curious about the 340 emblems that go on the scoops. I do have a 340 in the car, and some sort of call out may be nice? Not sure though, the scoops look so smooth with the body right now, and it feels like if I put the emblems on, they'll look kind of chunky sticking out the sides.
What do you think?

If it were mine I'd leave it as is. Do what you think would look best on it, its your car and it only has to please you.

Look at these cars now a days, your lucky if you can get a bit of plastic wan-a-be chrome on cars. in the 50's 60's and 70s's chrome was a GOOD thing. I have sent out my wheel well trim to a polisher and am waiting to get it back as well as my re-chrome bumpers. Never understood why people painted them... Anyways Yes to the wheel well trim and Yes to the 340 call outs!

Attachments

• 70Dart340hoodscoops.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 142
I love your car for a long time ! last summer my car as no scoop no badges, just rear stripe and black vinyl top on f3 color,with black steelies.

this year no more vinyl top.added front fender badges and black scoop, i tried and loved the scoop body colored but i think i have too much color and the wheel arch while tone it down perfect .
I just bought some 360 chrome for my scoop ! and wheel arch last month

do it

Did 70 340 cars all come with the call outs?

I like the wheel well trim, but sometimes havig the rocker trim makes it look a little better I think. I don't want rocker trim on it though, so it's just a tough choice. I suppose I could try the wheel well trim and if I don't like it, just take it off.

-
Back