Wheel Well Trim..Which One?

-

67DARTGTCONV

Reaction score
I have an a simple ?? question.

The 67 Dart came with stainless steel wheel trim, 68-69 and higher aluminium.

I now want to purchase a set for my car and have two options, stainless or aluminium?

Your thoughts??
Thanks

Hi
I had the same issue, although my original trim was saved and polished.
One thing to check, the front fenders on a 67 are different than 68+ It is hard to tell or see but if you look at the edge of the fender in front of where the wheel is and where the trim you speak of mounts to. The fender in this area curved more or follows the wheel contour more than the other years. Its rounder the newer fenders just drop off in a more straight angle. Hope I explained this in a way you can visualize? I found this out trying to mount newer style moulding to the 67 fender. It's weird and why they did this? My only guess is for more room around the wheel as the wheel is turned and the car hits bumps Etc. Check it out.
The new mouldings will require a tighter bending to fit, find an old moulding from a 68+ fender/ wheel and then you will notice it! of course this is only the case if your using the original fenders.

Thanks, I have finally found a set of wide lower rocker mouldings in shape and now ready to grab a set of wheel well trim, I will prob go with the stainless.

The stainless will be less susceptible to dings so would be my first choice.

-
Back