Wheel widening

-

71dart340-6pac

Reaction score
Hello,

So has anybody here on Oregon taken their stock rallies and had them wiened?

I am looking to do this with mine.....does it work or should I do something different?

100_2158.jpg

Summit Racing sells rallyes in different size. They have 14X7s and 15X7s that will fit your Dart nicely.

I've have widened rallies before and have had no problems. I'm running 265 50 14's on a 71 Demon. Rims were widened to 7.5 wide. What is nice about this is you can have the rim fitting a lot nicer in the rear wheel well with some good measuring. How ever after getting them wideened you have to paint them so you don't really save alot.

reartire1.jpg

I really miss willamette wheels and the days of $60.00 wheel widening/re-rimming,I called stockton once and was shocked at the price and it was without shipping.I agree with Adam,the wheel vintiques are the best bang for the buck unless you have to have a certain type of steel wheel done with a custom offset.

lead69, what happened to Willamette? I used to use them all of the time in the late 80's for widening Honda wheels for road race cars I built. I tried searching the web for them two years ago and couldn't find them.

Chuck

lead69, what happened to Willamette? I used to use them all of the time in the late 80's for widening Honda wheels for road race cars I built. I tried searching the web for them two years ago and couldn't find them.

Chuck

Chuck,Willamette closed down a few years back when I was still working at Les Schwab.Dick sold the equipment to a couple of local guys but they havent done anything with it since-I was really hoping they would re-open and so was Dick but it never happened.It sure was a convienient and inexpensive source for custom steelies-I really miss it.

I really miss willamette wheels and the days of $60.00 wheel widening/re-rimming,I called stockton once and was shocked at the price and it was without shipping.I agree with Adam,the wheel vintiques are the best bang for the buck unless you have to have a certain type of steel wheel done with a custom offset.

I just had some wheels done. Check the thread I posted just the other day.

http://forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=24735

You can purchase them wide allready, no? I see something in the summitt racing cat.

I had my rallies widened to 14X7 by McWheels, (aka Curt Mckim), in Slater IA. I'm running BFG T/A's 245/60-14. Very pleased with them.

73 340 Dart Sport 001_640x480.jpg

-
Back