Wheels and bumpers opinion wanted

-
17's would look great...

my wheres are 17x8 with 5.72 backspace. my car does not have stock suspension though.

225/50-17 front
275/50-17 rear

Thanks I'm looking at 17x7 with 4" backspace stock suspension maybe a 225/65-17 rear which is 9" section width and 28.5 tall front ????????????

The wheels look awesome, but I think that color looks kind of blue and I don't know if that would look good for bumpers.
I had my fiberglass bumpers painted with a metallic silver and although I know some will disagree, I think they look better than the chrome bumpers did.

Attachments

• dart3.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 130
  • dart4.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 141
you can go as much a 4.5 backspace i believe with stock suspension and still have room...

djvcuda's car is running a 17x7 with 4 1/4 backspace and when we measured for wheels he ordered 4 1/2 backspace but they stopped making them and he went with 4 1/2 instead...

think he is running a 225/50-17 up front and something a hair wider but same height in the rear..

dave2.jpg

carlisle%2008%20201.jpg

The wheels look awesome, but I think that color looks kind of blue and I don't know if that would look good for bumpers.
I had my fiberglass bumpers painted with a metallic silver and although I know some will disagree, I think they look better than the chrome bumpers did.

That's the problem with pictures on the web you really don't know untill you see something in person.Yes I have considered a silver color also.I will probably have to do some tials and yes IMO looks better than body color----thanks

you can go as much a 4.5 backspace i believe with stock suspension and still have room...

djvcuda's car is running a 17x7 with 4 1/4 backspace and when we measured for wheels he ordered 4 1/2 backspace but they stopped making them and he went with 4 1/2 instead...

think he is running a 225/50-17 up front and something a hair wider but same height in the rear..

dave2.jpg

carlisle%2008%20201.jpg

I'm trying to get the best bang for the low buck and have to go with what's available.The 17x7's with lugs and caps are $139.00 each hard to pass up

Go back to chrome. Unless you are painting them yourself it's going to cost $200 a piece to paint them anyway.And then they peel... my .02

I think they would look very nice in gunmetal. Since they are off, why not hit them with a spray bomb and give 'em a look. If you like it I would check into a powder coat for them.

That said, there is a "chrome" powder coat you might check into. I've seen wheels that were done with this and unless you looked very close you would not know it wasn't a real chrome finish.

For re-chrome have you checked with Tri-state? Not cheap, but I can vouch for the quality of their work.
C

Go back to chrome. Unless you are painting them yourself it's going to cost $200 a piece to paint them anyway.And then they peel... my .02

Prep is he key $200 a piece to get painted ????????? Maybe $50 total

I think they would look very nice in gunmetal. Since they are off, why not hit them with a spray bomb and give 'em a look. If you like it I would check into a powder coat for them.

That said, there is a "chrome" powder coat you might check into. I've seen wheels that were done with this and unless you looked very close you would not know it wasn't a real chrome finish.

For re-chrome have you checked with Tri-state? Not cheap, but I can vouch for the quality of their work.
C

Yes I was going to do a quick spray bomb first with somethng that's close in color-------------Thanks

Keystone does bumpers and ONLY bumpers and my lil red express was $200 per bumper just find a shop that deals with keystone and you will not have shipping cost either , be aware they are NOT fast turns but good job i was real pleased

Keystone does bumpers and ONLY bumpers and my lil red express was $200 per bumper just find a shop that deals with keystone and you will not have shipping cost either , be aware they are NOT fast turns but good job i was real pleased

Thanks for the lead their is a Keystone Auto parts not to far from me I'll give them a call Monday

I would look around for a shop that has a good reputation for chroming bumpers. There is a place in Tennessee called TRI-City Plating that comes with a great recommendation. www.tricityplating.com is the web site..

Went to a large muscle car show today hoping to see the wheels there that I'm interested in.500 + or - cars and not one had these wheels.I did buy a can of gun metal gray rattle can paint at auto zone so I will test spray a bumper hopefully tonight and have a picture up tomorrow

I would look around for a shop that has a good reputation for chroming bumpers. There is a place in Tennessee called TRI-City Plating that comes with a great recommendation. www.tricityplating.com is the web site..

Tri City did my 65 Valiant rear bumper and a set of guards. Something like $450 for everything. They look fantastic!

I don't know if you considered LeAnna "the CudaChick". But she might be able to do what your asking for.. and in a powder coat color that you might match close to the rim. You would have to have a hammer to make the finish come off.. Just a thought..

Good idea 19 Again. She does nice work and it would hold up good. Better like the color because its a pain to get off.

The front bumper I have had already been painted sub lime and I gave it a quick sanding last night and painted it with rattle can gun metal and clear.I like the contrast to the T5 copper poly BUT WAIT being a darker color made all the little ripples jump out that are not seen with chrome plus I always figured I would have to weld in the bumper bolts if painted to smooth them out so there would be a ton of prep work to get these smoothed out and powder coat would be out of the question

Just spoke with Keystone and they can chrome the bumpers no set price I would have to send in to get estimate but they stated probably in the $300 range each.Now this is getting more like it.

After many trials and searching for the right gunmetal spoke wheels I gave up and have decided to chrome the bumpers and I will be using either a chrome Wheel Vintique or polished Halibrand replica wheel.I fought the law and the law won.Put the front wheels off my Demon on the project car and //////////////////
Thanks for all the feedback

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 60
  • wheel vintiques.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 68
  • halibrand polished.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 63
-
Back