when are too many Mopars almost enough? ha

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I admit I always seem to HAVE to have 2 or 3 or 4 old Mopars to fool with. some, I tend to keep for some years , others seem to go, but get replaced with another.
I realize not everyone has room for more than one, but seems like most Mopar people always have a small herd. never noticed brand X or Y guys having this affliction!?
just what is our problem???? or I it a problem!? ha

I hear ya, do I really need the two 73 340 Dusters, 71 Duster and the Dart parts car I have? It`s an illness I tell ya!

Shoot if I had the money and space I'd have more then the two I have now lol

I admit I always seem to HAVE to have 2 or 3 or 4 old Mopars to fool with. some, I tend to keep for some years , others seem to go, but get replaced with another.
I realize not everyone has room for more than one, but seems like most Mopar people always have a small herd. never noticed brand X or Y guys having this affliction!?
just what is our problem???? or I it a problem!? ha
you should have 1 mopar for every day of the year... until then you are slacking

I watched this train (cars in general) when I was in elementary school (my older siblings/Dad). I got on the train at 14 when I bought my first '72 Duster. Been aboard ever since....... Love cars and the open country highways....
Kept me broke, hopping box cars, changing directions for no other reason than different scenery.. hobo for life .......

8 ,,I don't have room for any more..................Mopar Madness,,, it should be made official in the medical world..

I have 3 for now.
My ol' friend Bill Bailey always said "Ya can't have too many Barracudas!"
Of course a guy can take that 2 ways.....

ha! I moved from Mo. to Tx back last Nov. I wanted to get down to just one! Bahahahah.... I didn't wanted to move 5 a trip of 1100 round trip! so I got down to one, my 62 Lancer.... kept it because NOONE wants a Lancer! but I like em. going after t April 1 ...
so here I am in Tx and having some sort of withdrawl ?????? never have had an F body, so I find a really slick 69 Volare. slick. $1400 8 hour trip there. ( just a small way cross Tx)...has an oil leak at the sender! fixed .... $7 later. ok so the PS h ose leaks. $$27 inc t ax..... NOW.
so here I sit,, ONLY one car HERE.... now, I find a 79 Aspen RT not so slick but a pretty decent driver, interior like new.. got him down to $2200. 15 hrs trip.... what to do!?? I know, F bodies are worth less than the average e arly A body!! I like their look. low HP? can be fixed....
course I m still waiting on $2500 from 2 guys that still owe me on 2 of my old one I sold!!!!! ha...... just got $1000 paypal minute ago... life is good.

Last edited:
Don't get me started on this.............
I have about 14 project cars and about 30 parts cars, trucks, vans, etc.
And i've gotten rid of over 20 vehicles in the last 8 years to thin out the herd and have a lot more to go, but it's a start.
Basically, i took in a few strays and cleaned out a few junk yards that were crushing everything and anything in sight in the '80s and '90s.
It's not an addiction, it's about saving them from a certain demise.........
Too much is not enough, if you have room for them, to answer the post.
That's my story, and i'm sticking to it!

Last edited:
All tagged and running except for a 70 challenger I bought a few weeks ago with no motor.
Going to build a cheap 318 and throw in it when I get time.

I've been pretty happy with 4 keepers, and 1 or 2 parts cars! My honey hole is closing its doors tho, so I'll be getting a lot more parts cars very soon!! Just nowhere to keep them all!! Starting with the best cars there and working down!!!

IMG_3348.JPG

With any luck I may be buying another one this weekend.

I have owned about 20 or so at one time. I now have one and just got rid of a parts car. And that is a plenty. People are wired differently but for me I have zero interest in multitasking on something I want to enjoy doing..... Plus it will rob you silly lol....

But I bounce all over a Printing Plant full of upgrades, repairs, and who knows what so I think that gives me plenty of bolts to tighten on daily lol. To each his own....

JW

I've been pretty happy with 4 keepers, and 1 or 2 parts cars! My honey hole is closing its doors tho, so I'll be getting a lot more parts cars very soon!! Just nowhere to keep them all!! Starting with the best cars there and working down!!!

View attachment 1715026559
Love the GTX.
Are you going to try and get it?
As for saving them, that's what i did years ago, and i don't regret it.
Extending their lives so to speak.........

Love the GTX.
Are you going to try and get it?
As for saving them, that's what i did years ago, and i don't regret it.
Extending their lives so to speak.........

Oh, I can get it, but the price is a little high! It's right on the fence of being a parts car or fixable! There's no rear frame rails....at all! The bumper is lying on the ground behind it, and there is absolutely no trunk!! Also no radiator, warranty block, hole cut in the hood, doors been open for years!! $2700 to me!! There's a dozen 67-69 Cudas there I'm currently working on bringing home first!

my "mental" problem I have these days is, like that abobe mentioned "X", is that in general, people want 5-6 times more for , say 68-7- B body hulls, than what we paid for good complete restorable ones back in early to mid ninties.... by later 90's. still good projects B Bodies, were for sale, but asking prices had gone way up...(Missouri that is) ( also called by some the "arm pit of America...Ha ) ( just kiddin)...but
even today, good cars can be found worth the $$ but never seems like close to home,,, but takes lots if networking..... occasionally a good car can be had for a fair price off CL I figure.......
the good part is that these old project cars are being saved..... and one day the owner will give them life again, or sell it to someone that will.....

saving our American heritage, I call it!!! .....

The latest Hot Rod Magazine the editor writes about 4 door cars because of 2 door's are over priced and drying up.Hell I've known and been practicing that for years.My latest will be on the road soon.

IMG_2188.jpg

The latest Hot Rod Magazine the editor writes about 4 door cars because of 2 door's are over priced and drying up.Hell I've known and been practicing that for years.My latest will be on the road soon.

View attachment 1715026891
my take, is that 4 doors ARE cool! they are Americana .....cruisers, drivers, great cars/...... to be had for great prices ( OK so ya got to talk sense to the more door sellers on CL!) ha.... do they meet the definition of"muscle car" ? no, but so what.... I say give recognition to those that put work sweat and $ into any old car! no matter how doors it has and doesn't have!!!.
only reason I have never picked up more door cars, is that when i was in Mo. I could look and find 2 door A bodies project cars, complete, for $500 to $1000. no not rusted out or wrecked,,, just don't run!
wait and see.... more interest in more doors and wagons as time marches on.... and nothing to do with $$, I figure...

-
Back