When do the new mopar crates hit the market?

-

sic71dart

Reaction score
I am talking about the 410 6 pack crate and the 440 small block crate motor, anybody know if theres a date for them to go on sale yet?

they are all in some writers dreams, at some Mopar Magazines. LOL.

Not in the real world yet. :( :wack:

cavemanmoron said:
they are all in some writers dreams, at some Mopar Magazines. LOL.

Not in the real world yet.
the 440 6pack small block was at sema, i saw it there in person, no dream :love4: No clue on the cost or estimated time for production. But being its mopar...it will A) Suck like the hemis and need a teardown before running it. or B) Never hit the market. :wack: For the life of me i cant find my pictures of it though :scratch: They hada little flyer too with all the new motors

hm that would be cool to buy crate motors of those engines. So goody the hemi crate motors suck, they need a tear down before ran...thats sad concidering they cost 14k :-|

1966 dart wagon said:
hm that would be cool to buy crate motors of those engines. So goody the hemi crate motors suck, they need a tear down before ran...thats sad concidering they cost 14k :-|

A good portion of them need to be checked out before ran. Their quality control, ive heard, is pretty :wack: . I havent heard too many issues with the 360s though :scratch:

Pick up the new issue of Muscle Car Review with a yellow 340/shaker/billboard 71 cuda convert on the cover.
Page 38 "MUSCLE IN A BOX" They do a rundown on all the new mopar crate motors.

440 Super Commando small big block
P5153523

"easy 500 hp and uses the new siamesed-bore 340 replacement block (P5153478 ) with 4 bolt mains and extra casting meat from the factory. A deep sump pan is standard." 10.2:1 comp.

They also talk about the 410 magnum six pack (P5153527)
426, 427,360/406, 528 (some day I will have one), 5.7 carbed, 6.1, and the viper V-10 that they sell as a marine application.

Mopar Performance Crate Motor Installation book (P5007521 ) mopar.com

I also talked to the guy running the parts department at the local mopar store and he said that they are slowly bringing back the Direct Connection name and they have already started to send him parts like repoped chrome side mirrors (so far just a driver side for the A-body) and some other misc. parts.
Ma Mopar is thinking about us and the Muscle car wars are comming back!!!!

360scamp said:
http://www.dodge-tech.com.ar/forum/index.php?topic=4546.msg69180

I dont really know what they are saying but this si what I found with a google search on the 440 smallblock.

Oh yeah and another thing I heard about......anyone up for a brand new 392 hemi? It's ganna happen!!!

I DO have pictures of that one :toothy7: *bow*

P1010011_2.jpg

P1010010_3.jpg

GoodysGotaCuda said:
A good portion of them need to be checked out before ran. Their quality control, ive heard, is pretty :wack: . I havent heard too many issues with the 360s though :scratch:

When the crate hemi's and 360 magnum motors first hit the market there were some problems but they change the supplier that is assembling them. I haven't heard of anyone having problems in a couple of years.

Dave, the Hemis are still shooting below 50%. The same issues..oiling/smoking issues, noises, seals pooring out oil on startup. The problem isnt the assembly as much as the parts this assembler uses. The original assembler returned so many MP parts as defective and wouldnt install them, DC changed to Cummins to assemble them. Now, the bad parts get into the engines. It's disgusting. The 360 crates are better, maybe 80-85% good. Not good enough that I'd recommend buying one, but better. I would have no faith in any more complicated build than a 318 or 360, and that's if they can ever get the product to market. Get Real. Get Mopar....

Yeah I have heard of quality issues with the crate motors. If I did buy one id probably have a reputable machine shop go through it, balance the bottom end,check the rings all the tolerances ect. Some might say that defeats the purpose of buying a "ready to run" crate motor but it would eliminate some of the headaches of buying all the odds and ends separately for the engine.

Lets hope at least they get that bare siamese bore block out there.. that'd be nice. Id prefer to build it differently then thier crate motor is supposedly going to be done anyways. Id get a shorter duration more lift cam in there, get the commando heads heavily ported, upgrade the valvetrain and then maybe get some better rods then the made in china eagles.

-
Back