When is it ,...when.....?

-
This motor I just got.....you saw it on Facebook, Tim. I wanted to go all out and stroke it, blah blah but I am probably just going to blueprint a lower compression build of the 71 solid cam version. Should still be really snappy.
Thanks,Mr.Merrett.....That was the whole idea,of the thread....
This motor I just got.....you saw it on Facebook, Tim. I wanted to go all out and stroke it, blah blah but I am probably just going to blueprint a lower compression build of the 71 solid cam version. Should still be really snappy.
Yea , it will ,Rob... You are not afraid,of combinations that actually work.... And not throw out,advertisement horsepower... Good for you!...

I learned by not having any money from the get-go.
The FAST guys "do it" by spending 4-5x the cash to do better what other enthusiasts do for less. That class is for high rollers only and always has been. One of the reasons I'm totally disinterested in it. Anyone taking a different approach to it isn't competitive.
This is the whole premise, of the thread.... Keep it interesting,& spend your money ,wisely.....

Mopar is not my hobby.
It is a part of who I am.
I still have the car in my avatar,
and never broke down to drive lesser cars.
My car is my horse, more faithful than my wife or the winds of change.
I waited from 1980 to Sept 1st of last year for a rear wheel drive from Mopar I could afford, accept and love.
In between I kept the faith, driving Darts and the Belvedere in the few years affordable.
On my radio station I relentlessly ran a 1961 commercial from a Saint Louis dealer "Metro"...a musical number.. I called out for Dodge to bring it back mentally.
And wow.
But I don't fit and no front wheel car is a Dart.
If I hadn't relied on Mopars, I doubt I would have enjoyed the success I have.
They all have given back 10 times the value of what I put into them.
I've used them like small planes, and seen America from exactly the car I wanted, not some Buick Le Sabre.
I get to have all-Mopar memories.
My convertible holds my 39 year-old collection of wind blown dune sand.

Mopars taught me the a lot about what is effective vs flash, and the ability to appreciate really well fleshed out engineering.

So it's never for me, not while I breathe.

BTW - I did not mean to imply any of the FAST guys break the rules... My point was they spare little expense to attain a goal that is for pure enjoyment. Something I am reasonably certain I will never have the ability to do.

I am thrifty on any project I build, cars, house remodeling etc. (my wife says I am a cheap bastard like my dad).
I will refurbish an old car part, or pull nails out a used 2x4 just to save a dollar, but I have been doing this my whole life.

my father in law always say's " saving a hundred is the same as making a hundred"

-
Back