When it is time to sell.

-
I have been down this road before myself. My car took 15 years to finish and I suppose it's not truly finished. I probably put a few hundred miles on it and it sat in the garage mostly including six months of NY winters. Depressed, tired, then I would take a moment and think or see a Vet come back missing a limb and say to myself, if my biggest problem is deciding to get rid of a car or not, I'm doing really well and it would bring things back into perspective. Things change, my car is now "done" and I live down South and can drive it all year, and I am enjoying it after all the hard work.

having been raised in s w Ga, but been in Missouri 35 yrs!! weather hear is not very bad in winter but not like the deep south. Have ya learned how to say "y'all" ??????
these ols cars are a hobby to most and should be fun although the amount of work can be staggering, especially as we older ones get older!!? like the..y said, don't make a snap decision,......
I've owned many of these old mopars over the last 30 years, had sone for many years , others got sold by guy flagging me down going down the interstate ( back when people actually spent $$$$ more freely!).
one thing I believe that gets us car guys somewhat down, is the fact that these old cars can be hard to find a buyer for, be it good projects, drivers, restored cars or what have you. people decide to sell their car many times just because they found their "dream" car at good price but can't have both for many reasons, i.e. money, space, wife, etc ... life to me is always more fun, when people are DOING things, whether it be buying, selling, trading, working on their cars, going to cruise ins, swaps, chicken races , etc!!??????

I enjoy and love all old cars. I have sold some to buy others once I finished them. I have found it best as projects then I am not tempted to sell them. I do find that I still want to buy others but projects seem to stop that. Hell a few years ago I bought a Pinto drove it for the summer then sold it in the fall for double what I paid. Yep lol all you want about a pinto but I have nott seen another up here in many years. I was funny to see all the people who thought it was cool but 30 years ago would have laughed at you for driving one.

When I have the money I don't have much time. Or loads of time but no money.

Great point Mike. I'm stuck because I have the 66 Cuda and the 71 Dart. Both of which need work, the Dart needing way more in particular.

I keep thinking about getting rid of it, then my wife talks me out of it saying "you know you will regret it". Therefore I keep picking up parts for it and letting the Cuda sit.

The idea was to build them both, and pass them down to my boys when they are of age, but we have a 2.5 car garage and it really hinders me from getting work done on the DDs. We don't have the money to build an extension and IL weather would have the Dart rusted to pieces in a few years. Not going down that road with it.

It's just difficult sometimes because you can see the potential, you just can't get it there in a timely or budget friendly manner.

Ahh, good ole 1st world problems of Mopar owners... :)

I recently bought a 64 Dart for nostalgic reasons. Yes, the thing feels like a boat compared to the new cars. Yes, I really need to swap to power steering (5+ turns is just too much!). Yes, the drum brakes need someboy to lean on them. And you can't adjust the seatback. And there is no a/c.

But, you know what? I've been driving it more than I have my modern wheels because...it just makes me feel good. A lot of the above can be fixed, some easily, some not. But if I want to enjoy all the comforts, I just drive my other car. It handles better, keeps me cool, is more comfortable, etc. BUt it doesn't make me feel warm inside. If your old car doesn't make you feel good, just sell it somebody who will enjoy it with all its age related downside.

-
Back