When it rains it pours!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
yup.....title says it all.

First off,my wife has been getting very few hours in at work because of all the stuff over in Japan and now her work is talking about layoffs.

add to that , our dryer just crapped out.

add to that , we had to take our son to the emergency room 2 weeks ago and I just got a $2500.00 bill because his insurance somehow got messed up and they are saying he is not insured anymore.

add to that , the oil pan on the jeep is rusted badly and seeping oil and its our only vehicle.

oh joy!

seems like when it rains it pours.....all of it gets dropped into your lap at the worst possible time and problems are abundant and cash is not.

sorry for the rant....just at wits end.

do me a favor guys and keep your fingers crossed things start looking up for my family and that my wifes work starts picking up because my disability income alone is not going to cut it. [-o<

Geez! Sorry to hear about all you're dealing with, man.
The Jeep and the drier are the least of you issues, too!

How's your son doing?

Things will work out duster dude, I don't know how bad your disability is but, drain the oil, clean the area leaking with gas and some clean rags and cover an inch in each direction with 2 part JB weld. Did my stratus 2 years ago and its still holding, Walt

PS give the hospital 5.00 a month untill you get on your feet and call the insurance company and find out why they didn't pay?

Things will work out duster dude, I don't know how bad your disability is but, drain the oil, clean the area leaking with gas and some clean rags and cover an inch in each direction with 2 part JB weld. Did my stratus 2 years ago and its still holding, Walt

PS give the hospital 5.00 a month untill you get on your feet and call the insurance company and find out why they didn't pay?

JB weld rocks, I've fixed radiators and all kinda parts with it..

Keep your head up!!

I know all about this!

This has been the last 45-50 days of my life....

My moms trans went out.....guess who got to R & R it. I took my rockcrawler out for one last ride before I put it up for sale. I did $700 damage to it while I had it out. As I am loading it on the trailer a friend comes over and hands me a cell phone. It's another friend saying my wife's car broke down and they are pretty sure it's the tranny!! Get home and finally get to go back to work and what happens...the work truck is having problems!! $700 later it's still not fixed. Then the tax man calls...12k is what I owe!! OMG someone please shoot me now!! My tags were due on my cummins and it was $530....I don't have it...so I non op'd it. So now we are into April and things are still looking bleak. Finally my 2 cars sell and I start to get back on my feet. My buddy and I do storage auctions for extra income. No go, on anything. So we decide to try the swapmeet. Spent $230 to go to the Rosebowl fea market for fuel and the spot. We spend 2 tough nights tagging everything and loading into our van. Get up at 2 am to leave by 3am and get there about 5am. Guess what? The van is too big and won't fit in the spot. Now we have to pay for another spot! The people running it were nice and gave us another spot for free. Unload everything and sit there all day. We made $25!! We are not selling junk either!! UUHHH!! Mind you my wife is on maternity leave while all of this going on. I could go on but I won't.

My thinking now days....."It could always be worst"

Keep your head up and say a little pray!!

I did and the Taxman got my taxes down by 5k!! Thank you lord!!!

P.S. I hope your son is doing well!

You may not think so now,but things will all work out,take those challenges one at a time,one day at a time,sorry thats all happening to you,ill keep my fingers crossed

I'll put you on prayer list, hope your son is ok, some how things tend to work out in the end.

Keep your head up.

Thanks guys.

I am sure thing will work out eventually ( I hope ) its just right now I have to sit and wonder how the heck we are going to make things work and its the not knowing part that is scary.

my wife is going to make some calls on monday to try and figure out whats up with the insurance and once that is done she said she will turn the bill over to them and that they should cover retro? I don't know....I am not good with the paper work end of things lol.

as for my son, he is doing good now!

He is 4. He said he had to go potty so he went to the bathroom and after a few minutes went by I checked to see what he was doing and noticed his hands were all sticky. after talking to him I finally got him to tell me its because he drank "juice".

come to find out,he had grabbed the stool, climbed on top of the bathroom sink and pulled him self up to the top shelf of the medicine cabinet and grabed the bottle of benedryl and he somehow managed to pull the cap right off of the child lock mechanism (either a defect in the product or my son is just that dang strong) (my wife sent a complaint letter to the company though). and he drank a good 3/4 of the bottle.

so I got ahold of my wife and she had to come home from work. all the while I was making sure my son stayed awake because I didnt want him to fall asleep.

my wife got home and we went to the hospital , by this time by son sounded like a drunken irish and was delusional walking up to walls trying to "open the fridge" and looking right at my wife while I stand next to her and saying "where is daddy?" and vise versa.

it was a looooooooong night that is for sure.

these companies make this kids medicine to taste like candy and stuff like what my son did happens......they should make it taste like crap so a kid does not want to take it.

goes to show that just because there is a child lock on medicine and that its 7 feet off the ground does not mean something like that can't happen so from now on its all going in a lock box.

but all is well now!

as for the oil pan, I cleaned the pan of and coated the hole pan with silicone for now to make it last as long as I can ....(atleast until we know where we stand financially).

the dryer is a huge bummer....anyone with kids knows that laundry is something that needs to be done alot. so ill keep scanning craigslist and hope I have the cash when I find one.

there is suppose to be a meeting on monday for my wifes work in regards to layoffs so we should know more of what is going on after that.....but even if she gets to keep her job......the limited hours she is getting is still going to make things tough, minimum wage working 2 or 3 days a week and with no benefits.

I know I am not the only one going through crap like this.....the economy is far from its best and sometimes as luck would have it....stuff just breaks/goes wrong all at once!.

and I know there are people worse off than us out there and for that I am thankful that we have what we have and each other.

but it still sucks lol. hopefully things start looking up though, thanks again guys

ohh and I have a set of holley valve covers ( M/T style,hemi orange and aluminum and a new edelbrock chrome air cleaner for sale if anyone is interested send me a PM ....got to sell a couple things so my wife has some extra gas/lunch money for the week

What brand/model is your dryer? What quit on it? Heat? motor? Blower? Drum belt? You might be able to fix it pretty cheep. (I fix appliances for a living.) Sorry about the other problems, I cant offer help with those.

Hang in there buddy, we all have our days/weeks/months at the bottom of the barrel. Just had my turn not to long ago, and while I am far from being on top of things at least I am not at the bottom of the barrel......

What brand/model is your dryer? What quit on it? Heat? motor? Blower? Drum belt? You might be able to fix it pretty cheep. (I fix appliances for a living.) Sorry about the other problems, I cant offer help with those.

Thanks for the advicebut its done for. Already had it apart onve awhile back tofix some things. Needs a deum belt, the rear bearing squeks like crazy and now it ove heats to the point it will caych on fire ( all lint is cleared out) just overheats and wants to caych on fire. So its time for it to go to the scrap yard.
Hang in there buddy, we all have our days/weeks/months at the bottom of the barrel. Just had my turn not to long ago, and while I am far from being on top of things at least I am not at the bottom of the barrel......

Thanks man.

Geez thats horrible about your kid and the insurance.

I'll ask my (nurse) brother tomorrow if he has any info about the retro insurance stuff. sounds like you might be on the hook for that bill. maybe its someone's fault an you can force things in the legal arena? (as unappealing as that maybe to someone who doesnt like paperwork, courts are just nasty anyway, best to avoid)

I was looking at your fine valve covers the other day but I aint ready to go there. But I'll pay (nice) for some nice window vinyl, what about a white mopar emblem with mopar below it like you have in your avatar? like 3.5 inch by 4 or so for up in the middle of my rear window

keep the faith, I know you'll do fine, your smart and resourceful

(btw dont forget the free section in craigslist)

Keep an eye out on CL,or even put a " dryer wanted" ad.This happened to us before and until we found a new dryer,we just took the clothes to the laundrimat,it sucked but it was only once a week.Just a couple weeks ago,our water heater went out($800!) and our roof needs redone really bad but no money,I know how it goes ,hang in there.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Times are really tough for a lot of people these days. I myself am not working right now and the bills are stacking up like crazy. Pretty soon here it looks like I will have to sell my 360 in order to stay above water. I have about a six week wait until my tax rebate and refund money come in but in the mean time I just have to man up and sell some of my toys. A roof over my head and food in my stomach comes first and the toys are way down the line for me right now. Keepin my fingers crossed for ya bud.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

sorry about my last post having so many typos , I typed it out on my phone.

I guess the plus side is that we have a laundromat about 2 blocks away....so we will still have clean clothes, its just an inconvenience.

Thanks for the tip on posting the wanted ad too, I didnt even think of it lol....spending so much time racking my brain with everything going on I didnt think to post a wanted ad.

I found a like new dryer on craigslist about 3 years ago for $50.00 for my parents and its still going strong, if I could find another deal like that I would be a happy camper LOL.

and just like was mentioned......food in the belly's and a roof over ours heads is the important thing so I am going to see what parts I have around and put them up for sale and maybe offer up some sticker packages for sale again like I use too ( been so busy lately I have not been selling stickers like I use to).

hoping this is just a temporary crunch and we can spring back on our feet, its just that everything happened all at once.

and I am hoping we get the expensive doctors bill taken care of.....my wife has done it in the past when something similar happened......but first comes the drawn of process of calling here there and everywhere and touching base with case workers and figuring out whats going on and how to get it straightened out and then seeing if they will take the retro bill and have his insurance cover the cost.

I dread dealing with anything to do with the state because they like to give the run around and make things so much more complicated than they should be. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

thanks for the prayers and good wish's guys, my family appreciates it!!!

sorry about your troubles,ive had my share and still going through hard times,im sure things will get better,just takes time and lots of faith,put all your problems in gods hands

And they say we do not need some sort of health care reform prime example of the health care "greed" hang in there brighter days ahead

how old is thr dryer? if its not that old go to repairclinic.com and search out what its doing this site will tell you how to fix your dryer and give you a link to the cheapest parts available which you will have in about 2 days. 8 out of 10 times its the timer switch
which operates everything andf that site will tell you how to test it, all you need is hand toold and an ohm meter.

i also and a fan of JB weld on the oil pan, had to do it a while back on my wifes grand marquis thanks to a hunk of steel lying in the highway.
drained the oil and then used carb cleaner to get the residue, stuck the JB weld and it worked perfect.

how old is thr dryer? if its not that old go to repairclinic.com and search out what its doing this site will tell you how to fix your dryer and give you a link to the cheapest parts available which you will have in about 2 days. 8 out of 10 times its the timer switch
which operates everything andf that site will tell you how to test it, all you need is hand toold and an ohm meter.

i also and a fan of JB weld on the oil pan, had to do it a while back on my wifes grand marquis thanks to a hunk of steel lying in the highway.
drained the oil and then used carb cleaner to get the residue, stuck the JB weld and it worked perfect.

The dryer was a freebie that came with our place so im not losing anything on it. It looks to be circa 1980's ,squared off big ugly knobs with bright orange indicators and wood grain finish on the control panel.

it was less than perfect when we first started using it and spiffed it up as little to make it last a little longer (took it apart and greased the rear bearing about 6 months ago because it was squealing so loud).....I was expecting that would be what would fail on in instead of what ended up failing on it.

to buy parts for it and put time into it would not be worth it honestly because it will need a new drum belt and a new rear drum bearing and whatever is causing it to have to heat limit....I might aswell scour craigslist for a used one.

but thanks anyhow.

and as for the oil pan, I would have used jb weld but I did not have any handy at the time so silicone will make due for now until things pick back up and we can get a new oil pan and gasket.

found a new oil pan for $82.99 and the gasket for $45.00 (has a built in windage tray by the looks of it which is why it must be so expensive).

thanks for the good wish's guys.

Fix the oil pan don't buy another. Believe me I am old enough to be your grandpap and have been through this **** myself. You have to work through this and treat each dollar as though it was a hundred. Pack a lunch for your wife.

Well its official guys, my wife just got the nees she has been laid off. This really sucks. Going to have to sit down and come up with a plan to mke things work somehow. Wish us luck

I know it's not much but give me the info on the jeep and I'll see if I can get you an oil pan. And it won't cost you a cent. Maybe a trade for a small mopar sticker or something. We could work that out later. On the gasket end of it. I assume it's a 5.7 or 4.7 and if so, a small amount of silicone on both sides and it should be just fine, and you could reuse it. Shoot me the info via pm and I'll see what I can do for you.

I know it's not much but give me the info on the jeep and I'll see if I can get you an oil pan. And it won't cost you a cent. Maybe a trade for a small mopar sticker or something. We could work that out later. On the gasket end of it. I assume it's a 5.7 or 4.7 and if so, a small amount of silicone on both sides and it should be just fine, and you could reuse it. Shoot me the info via pm and I'll see what I can do for you.

I sent you a PM , I appreciate the offer anyhow.

sorry to hear dude,
you've got my best wishes and thoughts

Thanks!

-
Back