When parts walk away......

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Doing a top end swap,on my 360 Magnum.Bagged ,tagged every part,upon dis-assembly. Been working,as cash allows. Sure enough, the last goodies from Summit shows up,things disappear.(lol!). Lost two lifters,picked up two new ones.Sure enough,they show up,after assembly. I know some of you,have similar headwracking experiences. Share yours,please.

Everything I own grows legs...keys, tools, parts, sun glasses.....can never find a damn thing lol

Where do I start? Or, more importantly, where does it end?

Just recently re-purchased an entire set of Hughes springs that were not installed on a set of heads at a machine shop.

Funny thing about the 360 J's is that they were never returned to me at all. Got a set of 318 heads with 360 valves in them instead. No springs, no retainers, ground original valves, one gone missing.

3'x4' piece of polished aluminum diamond plate walked out of the garage at my mom's, where the Charger lives. My brother was digging for something and some asshole scrapper thought he'd help himself to anything that was against the house. I'm just glad that none of my Charger stuff has gone MIA.

Had a kid jump on an NOS dash pad for it, years ago, though. lol...

I also recently purchased a 3rd double roller timing set for my engine to build. The last two were "borrowed" with intent to return the favor some day, only to come up with nothing and dudes selling their wheels/ no reason to return the favor.

Ive lost a lot of stuff. One time though a friend stopped by wanting Me to take a look at His girlfriends car. After that night I could never find My new LED cordless worklight. Make matters worse I Waaaaayy over paid for it cause I got it off the Matco truck. I searched everywhere. About 4 months later She opened the hood, its way laying on the cowl and they brought it back to Me. Chicks must not check there oil very often. Except FABO chicks of course.

i used to lose everything around the shop but now i make an effort to pay attention more and clear my mind and its working bcoz i still lose stuff but not as often and i recover lost items faster now.

the key is clear your mind ....its easy to think about too many things at one time

it actually takes practice to clear your mind and pay attention ... and its easier said than done

Rani,you have lots of projects. The straight Mopar builds,hard enough. Wait until you blueprint a motor.

Doing a top end swap,on my 360 Magnum.Bagged ,tagged every part,upon dis-assembly. Been working,as cash allows. Sure enough, the last goodies from Summit shows up,things disappear.(lol!). Lost two lifters,picked up two new ones.Sure enough,they show up,after assembly. I know some of you,have similar headwracking experiences. Share yours,please.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA...,

Laughing at Myself Abody...

---There was this rookie mech, who had a 'red rag' in his backpocket, and was working on an intake gasket swap...

Uber busy shop, distractions x 1000!!!

?where is the rag? ...

Luckily the manifold was only 'set' in place :D

Mech1 ,that reminds me:Stoner buddy,Small block Chevy. Left that rag in.. Lit it up,60 pounds, at idle. Made 5 minutes,the oil pump locked up.Damn.

Mech1 ,that reminds me:Stoner buddy,Small block Chevy. Left that rag in.. Lit it up,60 pounds, at idle. Made 5 minutes,the oil pump locked up.Damn.

ahahahahaha!!!

"No Detroit Iron"

was harmed in the ' responses ' to this post

:D:D:D:D

Worse than losing parts and having to buy another is that horrible feeling you get when you find parts that you don't recall getting a replacement for - usually from inside something that must be taken apart to check. Or say a prayer and turn it on anyway...

Took everything apart over two years ago...have been shifting everything around because I don't have enough space...the writing on the clear plastic bags in indelible marker has disappeared... We now are wring up a list of MIAs so the family can search for then :)

Boy, do I hear ya...

Grassy

had a guy helping me assemble his engine ,a buick 455. was using alcohol to get oily residue off gasket surfaces .the bottle disappeared. he put the pan on the engine with it in there.i searched everywhere for that bottle. upon breakin the engine suddenly lost oil pressure. the bottle melted around the pickup tube. man was i glad i didnt put that pan on....

tools are the worst when i am working on some thing and not being able to find it. have to get up and put every thing away and find what i was looking for sitting right were i needed it

-
Back