When you get traffic tickets, in your Corvette, on an island you own.................

-

67Dart273

Reaction score

Billionaire Larry Ellison was caught running a stop sign and speeding on the Hawaiian island of Lana'i, of which he owns nearly 98%.

The Oracle cofounder was stopped while driving his orange Corvette last October, Hawaii News Now reported. The officer told Ellison he was pulled over for running through a stop sign and that he was "kind of speeding."

Ellison apologized and told the officer he was trying to get home to have dinner with his kids.

"But there's no excuse," Ellison said on police body camera video obtained by Hawaii News Now. "There's no good excuse."

He told the officer he didn't have his driver's license with him when he was asked for license, registration, and insurance.

The billionaire's company on the island, Pulama Lanai, declined to comment for the story. Oracle representatives did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on the traffic incident.

Ellison bought nearly 98% of the 141-square-mile island of Lana'i in June 2012 for an estimated $300 million. Ellison, who is worth $109.5 billion, per Forbes, wanted to turn the island into a tourist destination, as well as "the first economically viable, 100% green community," he told The New York Times.

[/URL]

Billionaire Larry Ellison was caught running a stop sign and speeding on the Hawaiian island of Lana'i, of which he owns nearly 98%.

The Oracle cofounder was stopped while driving his orange Corvette last October, Hawaii News Now reported. The officer told Ellison he was pulled over for running through a stop sign and that he was "kind of speeding."

Ellison apologized and told the officer he was trying to get home to have dinner with his kids.

"But there's no excuse," Ellison said on police body camera video obtained by Hawaii News Now. "There's no good excuse."

He told the officer he didn't have his driver's license with him when he was asked for license, registration, and insurance.

The billionaire's company on the island, Pulama Lanai, declined to comment for the story. Oracle representatives did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on the traffic incident.

Ellison bought nearly 98% of the 141-square-mile island of Lana'i in June 2012 for an estimated $300 million. Ellison, who is worth $109.5 billion, per Forbes, wanted to turn the island into a tourist destination, as well as "the first economically viable, 100% green community," he told The New York Times.
By green he means come and spend your MONEY!

-
Back