Where are the cowl drains?

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
Okay, I need to clean crud outta the cowl. Where are the drains so I can keep them clear. Gotta be on the ends behind the fenders...I think. Maybe mine are so crud filled I can't recognize it as a drain...

kitty, this question comes up every once in awhile. With the hood open, look down in that space between the fender and cowl. It is not a very large opening, so it does get plugged pretty quick on a car parked outside under trees.
Here is another tip for you. As you ask questions in the future, tell us what you are working on as some Q&A would be vehicle specific. It is just a good habit to get into and will help you get correct answers.
C

Attachments

• DSC01421.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 275
Thanks...and sorry I forgot to post vehicle info...AGAIN! I was trying to make some constructive use of insomnia related awake time. BTW...72 Valiant

Sometimes you have to make your own drains...

73Dart-CowlLekage-IMG_1469.jpg

73Dart-CowlLekage-IMG_1470.jpg

('73 Dart)

All of the crap that goes out o the cowl opening fallsto a smaller opening at the bottom of the fender. If you car doesn't have rocker mouldings you can loosen or remove the 2 bolts under the dog leg section of the fender if neccessary. Most of them will have some shims at those 2 bolts for panel alignment. Pull the fender out a little so the trash falls out.

I was thinking about cutting some access holes, and I think I will. BUT HERE'S GOOD NEWS FOR ME! The neighbors had the 100ft maple tree that hung over my driveway cut down today! Now there's till a whole lotta maples around, but I'm anticipating a 90% reduction in the little helicopter things getting stuck in the cowl!

-
Back