Where can I find a dual points distributor?

-

HemiOrange340

Reaction score
Any ideas on where I can locate a dual points distributor to replace the original one on my 1970 Dart 340? Every place I've tried says they don't make em anymore.

I saw one on E-bay just about a week ago. You will probably only find one at a swap meet or E-bay. You can also post in the wanted section.

I went to e-bay and found a couple of them. One was $25 (buy it now)
toolmanmike

The problem is not necessarily finding a distributor out there, the problem is finding new points and condensers for the distributor. Restoration companies maybe your best bet but I can only think of one in the states you should talk to, that being year one.

Terry

i think i have a dual points dist. layin around, if your interested ill take a look for it.

I found parts for my dual point in my HP 273 at Car Quest. I'm sure Napa can get parts too. toolmanmike

V8, that would be great. Let me know if can find it.

Demon Seed, thanks, I'll check with them. For now I'm going to use the one I have and have the points cleaned if necessary. Car has 15K miles on it and this is the original distributor (I think).

well its a mallory i think, are you looking for a factory one? if your still interested make me an offer.

if you are looking for a after market dual point dist,,im sure the after market still makes them,,mallory,excell,,

as for stock points and condensor, like was mentioned,, napa,, car quest auto zone,, i know auto zone was carrying rebuilt single point stock distributors,,youwil have to find a guy at the parts counter that wil be wiling to search the computer,,,

have you tried rock auto.com ??
have you looked in a J,C, WHITNEY catolog or check them on line

also, i know a guy he is on moparts,sixpakjoe ,i think is how he spells it,, he is in plain field or joliet ill,out side chicago,,he bought out several ware houses,,and all he does it points ,condensor,rotor,caps,, lot of restored cars 1930,40,50,60 have not converted over to electronic,,do aa search on moparts,,for him

also,ever consider converting your points to a pertronix electronic,, works great,and you stil have the orignal single point dist,,

also if you have 15k,only on the motor why you need a new dist ?

hope this helps,,

Why a dual point? Just get an electronic one. Or I think there is kits out there to take a dual point, gut it, then put electronic guts in it if you are wanting it to still look stock.

i got two mallorys dual point one was working for sure and the second was installed in a 340 i purchased. might be good for parts. 25.00 for both +shipping if intrested both with caps rotors and points. shoot me ur e mail

-
Back