Where can I find matching connectors for my steering column?

-

DrCharles

Reaction score
I am not sure what year A-body this steering column came from, and my car's age doesn't matter since I'm creating my own wiring from scratch, but here is a pic of the connectors.

Is there any source for mating connectors (or does anyone have a set of "cut-offs" I can buy?)
thanks for any help.
-Charles

P04-30-15_18.21_zpszlztrb1p.jpg

I personally just cut them off and throw them away, then replace them with mate-n-lok connectors. the ones I use are p/n 1-480702-0 and 1-480703-0 with the corresponding pins and sockets ordered from Mouser.com.

You might have luck finding connectors @ FRy's Electronics. They're big out West & have popped up in a lot of Metro areas. I know that there are 2 in the Atlanta Area.

Junkyard is your best bet. I don't even know the name for that style connector. I have seen those 1-row connectors on a 1974 Dart (JY). The collapsible steering column (mesh) in the photo says 1969+ (at least). Around 1972, they moved the ignition switch to the steering column, so needed many more wires. My 64 & 65 use a 2-row connector ("twin-lock"). Check 1980-90's motorhomes since they have many of the earlier connectors and are rarely picked at the junkyard. It seems Chrysler used up their discontinued parts in the motorhomes, or changed their designs less often.

-
Back