Where Can I Find...

-

soul60s

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new and just posted int he Welcome Wagon but had a few more questions.

I need to know if anyone knows of any videos on how to do body work or painting a car. My husband and I want to do our cars ourselves (money being a major incentive) but neither of us has done it.

He is a mechanic (40 years) and I am artistic and a perfectionist. I pick up things quickly and have lots of items to practice on. So I am learing everything I can. Have been reading every mopar magazine my husband has (dating back to the 80's) and I am reading every article I cna find online but would love the visual of a video.

What is a build sheet? I haven't had a chance to ask my husband (he's at work right now) so I thought I would ask here. How do you obtain one? I have learned about the VIN and fender tags and have researched mine but have no clue about a build sheet.

Thanks for any info.
Joanne

Welcome aboard. Glad to hear you working on this together.

As far as the build/broadcast sheet goes, it is a computer printout that was used by assembly line workers that lists all of the various trim options. It is sort of the holy grail of a documented Mopar in that it provides even more information than the Fender tag. Places I have found them include - under the rear seat (in the springs), under the carpet, and above the glove box when reaching in under the dash..

Good luck and happy hunting

Grant

You and your husband. That has a great ring to it. My wife can only do so much these days being a RN. Hands gotta stay clean. No more building engines for her.

I found 1 build sheet in the base (Butt) section of the rear seat, another on the back (Your back, not butt) of the seat. Seen from the open trunk.

Someone here just did some painting and I asked a similar question. I'm in the same boat. No money, alotta drive to do some work myself.
He said, autobody101.com...or something like that.

Hardest part is sanding the panel straight. I'll need glass' for that part.

-
Back