Where can I get new springs for my radiator hose?

-

ZooKypr

Reaction score
I pulled the old spring out my upper rad. hose and it broke in half and is in poor shape anyway. My new rad. hose did not come with a new one. Any idea where I can get a new spring? Is there a particular size or are they generic?

Thx,
ZooKypr

They're not needed. I'm surprised there was one in an upper hose usually only in lower hoses. I believe they put them on long hoses to prevent them from buckling at the bends and sucking shut when the hoses get soft. I've never seen them for sale separately. Mike

Thx, fellas....yes, mine had a spring placed inside by the manufacturer. I'll get a hangar as suggested and install it just to be safe. I'm a 'real worry wart' when it cames to little things like that. Thanks again fellas.

ZooKypr

If you can get ahold of a stainless steel TIG welding rod to make your lower spring out of, you shouldn't have to worry about it ever rusting out again.

Also, when you do make your new spring, please be sure to put a small loop on each end so it won't wear a hole in your new hose.

You don't need springs as long as your radiator cap is working correctly. There's no way that any of the hoses will collapse with 10 - 16 psi in the system.

I have never ran the springs and have never seen a hose collapse. I have however seen lots of spring parts and sections stick in various parts of the motor because thay have come apart.

Anything inside the hose will actually reduce flow.

Chuck

340 mopar is right, newer hoses are not made with the spring, i'd be more worried about the spring in the hose than the hose collapsing

-
Back