Where can I get one of these???

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
the pic is of the lock piece for a 65 dart convertible...this is the drivers side..I need one for the passenger side....anyone???? thanks

Attachments

• lock piece.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 316
anyone???

those are usually broken when you do find then and brittle as heck when you find a good one. I'm not sure, but I think it can be flipped over to use on the other side. if so the you can take the good one you have to a machinist and have them mill one out of high strength nylon block (I'd make 2 or more since you can't be the only one needing them.) or you could get someone to cast them for you.

thanks Kurt!...now can you tell me if the actual windshield is the same for a 65 vert as to a hardtop??? I am getting conflicting info....thanks, John

The problem with making one from a nylon block in a milling machine is in those square inside corners.
If a small diameter mill is used you can grind or file matching radius on the corners of the mating metal part(s). Otherwise you would need to make the nylon block larger to accommodate a relief radius beyond the metals corners.
I suppose you could try to make one from a product like Plast-Aid but.. Anything that cures as fast as that stuff does is going to curl/draw/shrink, more so depending on the size and thickness of the part. I've got some 2 part acrylic that will work but it takes a couple days to fully cure.

thanks Kurt!...now can you tell me if the actual windshield is the same for a 65 vert as to a hardtop??? I am getting conflicting info....thanks, John

Yes it is. Hopefully...

I found one for my vert out of a hardtop. Interchange book says it will.

Mike

yep windshields the same . I actually have an older one from a 4 door in mine. soon to be replaced with a new one.

the only difference in the seals are one (I think it the convertible) has a little larger inside seal lip on the one edge of the seal. top side I think it to hide the metal showing from the inside trim. so you can use the seal from a hardtop too without too much trouble. I put black vinyl on the open space for a friends convertible.

as for the h..... hmmm Redfish has already replied on the milling, but you can cast a new piece using plastic resin and you can get it in different hardness and flexibility levels, but first ya gotta make a mold of the one you have. I have made a couple of similar parts for myself (but for a ford friend not mopar parts) and will be making more/different parts as I get money and time to put them together. some of the resins that I work with take a couple of days as Redfish said. Some are fast cure types, fast cure types shrink slightly as they cure(not all but most do).

-
Back