Where can I get sway bar straps for a 72 Dart?

-

graluc

Reaction score
I've got a 72 Dart Swinger that was an original slant 6 car with factory sway bar. One of the sway bar straps is broken. It's the odd shaped twisted strap. I ordered an aftermarket sway bar but it came with cheesy strait straps and adapters that hit the lower radiator hose. I've been searching but haven't found any online. Where can I get a new set?

Thanks!

I have one of these, if this is what your looking for PM me and we can talk price and shipping.

sway1.jpg

sway2.jpg

Thanks,

sway1.jpg

sway2.jpg

I have no idea, I pulled them off of a 72 dart many years ago. The other one has a broken part by one of the mounting holes. Here is a picture of the other one, along with the good one.

sway3.jpg

sway4.jpg

sway3.jpg

sway4.jpg

I've got a 72 Dart Swinger that was an original slant 6 car with factory sway bar. One of the sway bar straps is broken. It's the odd shaped twisted strap. I ordered an aftermarket sway bar but it came with cheesy strait straps and adapters that hit the lower radiator hose. I've been searching but haven't found any online. Where can I get a new set?

Thanks!

Energy Suspension Part #5.5134 7/8" bar.
They have them for different thickness bars.
Do a search with the part# I gave you.

faucet pics 728.jpg

valentek, that's the ones! I'll have to look as see which one of mine is broke.

Johnny Dart, I like those a lot better than the crap I got. Do they work with the factory bar or aftermarket only? I haven't shipped my aftermarket bar back yet.

Energy Suspension Part #5.5134 7/8" bar.
They have them for different thickness bars.
Do a search with the part# I gave you.

Those are good looking with 3 mounting holes and would be easy to change a bushing in but I am one of those purest people. I should go with the BBP and all the goodies and life would be easier.

valentek, that's the ones! I'll have to look as see which one of mine is broke.

Johnny Dart, I like those a lot better than the crap I got. Do they work with the factory bar or aftermarket only? I haven't shipped my aftermarket bar back yet.

I have the factory bar,with factory end links.
The brackets bolt right to the factory holes on the K-frame.If I remember right,1 hole needs to be drilled through the K-frame,for each bracket.Simple stuff.
These brackets are just about the only aftermarket part on my 70 Swinger.
Much better design than the originals.

Thanks guys, I believe I'll go with the aftermarket ones.

I have the factory bar,with factory end links.
The brackets bolt right to the factory holes on the K-frame.If I remember right,1 hole needs to be drilled through the K-frame,for each bracket.Simple stuff.
These brackets are just about the only aftermarket part on my 70 Swinger.
Much better design than the originals.

I ran an adapter like that when I had my old K-member. If Energy would just put the zerk fitting anywere but the lowest possible point to scrap. :angry7:

I bought my adapters used in like 1994. They might be from the old California Suspensions?

suswbrkt.jpg

I ran an adapter like that when I had my old K-member. If Energy would just put the zerk fitting anywere but the lowest possible point to scrap. :angry7:

I bought my adapters used in like 1994. They might be from the old California Suspensions?

Does seem like a silly place to put them.Look at my pic closer,zerk fitting removed and capped.Just replace them when you want to lube,than remove.Problem solved.

I just got the brackets from energy suspension....Do you use any of the exsisting holes to mount the bracket, or make new ones?

Any pictures so I can get a better idea of how to mount it?

Thanks,

Shane

-
Back