Where can I hook up an electric choke?

-
Get a three prong oil pressure sending unit from your local NAPA store, run a fused 12v feed off the the battery or at the heavy lug on the starter solenoid to one of the the "normally open" lugs on the sending unit. Run a wire from the other "normally open" lug directly to the choke. Easy, safe, and unlike the other methods, leaving the key on wont open the choke...
Anyone have a picture of what these 3 prong senders look like or what car year and model to use when ordering one? Thanks.

So is that a problem?
Would the op sensor allow voltage to choke with key in "start"?
I am just explaining how "I" do it, it can be done various ways as mentioned. There is voltage as soon as engine builds oil pressure.

I never said it couldn't, I said the pressure switch is a better idea. If you hook to ballast, it will have power anytime key is on running or not.

Not sure I agree as to "why." The switch just adds more complications, and anyone alert to their vehicle should not be leaving the key on in any case. It certainly is "another way" and there is certainly nothing wrong with that method.

-
Back