Where did all the 1970-71 Darts go?

-

xtraoldestock

Reaction score
I rarely see these cars for sale anymore. Even the 4 door slant 6 ones are scarce .With about 190,000 built in '70 and 170,000 in '71 you would expect to still see a few. My quick Craigslist check this morning showed 4 for sale. And this is on the west coast through Oregon, Washington, and B.C.

I have a 1970. I parted out a beat up 1971 dart about two years ago. I know where a straight 72 dart is sitting. Another 72 street strip style build that's been sitting for several years. I had a 71 swinger offered to me for $150, it's missing the suspension and brakes, motor is held in with a 2x4 and strap. It actually runs as-is!

They're around. Just gotta look

I have my '70 Swinger 340. I parted out a '72 6 cylinder Swinger a few years ago. My uncle owned a '70 Swinger 340 car in the late '70s-early '80s, we still know where that car is. And just a little while ago today, I was working in my garage, and a B5 blue '70 340 car drove past my garage. Don't know who it was, but it looked and sounded great.

They got crushed at the wrecking yards, as their lifespan got used up.
Went to Korea as scrap metal, and now reincarnated as little Kia's running up and down the streets.

I've got a 71. Picked it up in trade. Originally a 318 now a fire breathing 360 that eats fords, Chevys and ***** hondas...

I bought this 70 in the spring here in BC.

29727149567_7dd871bf97_b.jpg

Bought a 70 swinger off my local CL in 2014, and I have yet to set another one on my local CL

A lot of 72s have popped up

I'd like to build a 70-72 Swinger as my next project. Had a 72 years ago but had to sell it at the time.

Up here its mostly 66 and down or 73 and up cars for sale. 67-72s tend to have heavy prices.

They are out there. There are over 20 listed for sale on Cars-on-line.

Hers mine that I've had for years, It will be my youngest sons when I go to that place far far away.

Jeff
DSCN0352.JPG

nope. beautiful car. of course i've got a '69 gt in the same color & black vinyl top. i've owned it for 37 years so you can see i'm not much on selling. lol
The big red X is a pretty serious response. LOL We have discussions about what car you want to be your last one before they take your drivers license away. I want a 64 Dodge B body. My Swinger will probably have to go unless I can talk the wife into another car. (slim chance) LOL

The big red X is a pretty serious response. LOL We have discussions about what car you want to be your last one before they take your drivers license away. I want a 64 Dodge B body. My Swinger will probably have to go unless I can talk the wife into another car. (slim chance) LOL
Most of these cars, once they are restored, aren’t really owned by us. We are just the custodians of them until we can no longer care for them. Then they get new owners who carry on the custodial responsibility.

I fully expect some of my cars to go well into the future far beyond my departure from this life.

my daughter has already claimed the dart. my oldest grandson just put his claim in tonight on my duster.
My daughter has claimed my ‘69 GTS as well...and she’s only 14 years old.

I think she has eyes on my ‘06 Charger SRT too.

toolmanmike, unless I'm mistaken you haven't had that Dart to long, would you really want to sell it??

Jeff

-
Back