Where did you get your carpet?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
When building my son Aaron's Dart Sport a few years ago, we bought a pre-molded carpet set during a car show/swap meet in Ennis, Texas. The vendor was "Trim Parts", if I recall correctly, and they were based out of east Texas somewhere. We are now to the point of needing carpet to complete the interior on his '74 Gold Duster, so I was wanting to know where you have gotten your carpet, and if you would speak on its quality and price.

The Gold Duster has the fold-down rear seat option, so in addition to the molded floor pieces, we also need some extra 80/20 pile carpet to do the rear seat back, trunk divider, and the flat platform behind the seat.

Thanks for any input,
Jerry

StockInteriors.com ... great quality, terrific customer service, lightspeed shipping, attractive prices, multiple grades/colors to choose from, and free samples ahead of time.

Nowwwwww ... if I could just get another gallon of ceramic sound deadener, I'd actually install it. :-D

Thanks, Leanna, I was looking at their stuff last week. I was hoping someone would comment on their quality. I've heard stories about some carpets fading within the first year, and I certainly don't want that. The set we put in Aaron's Dart Sport has lasted several years with no signs of wear or fading. Of course, his having the windows tinted might have something to do with that.
icon6.gif

Jerry

I got mine through the " paddock parts" . Over all I am impressed with the fit and quality. Very little trim work and fit nice over the humps and bumps. Nice foot pad for driver and nice tight loop pile.

for what its worth.

-RPM

Well, I did it. I just ordered a new molded carpet set and two extra yards of 76" wide material to finish the space-saver area of the Duster. Bought it at Stockinteriors.com for only $210. Thanks for the testimonial, Leanna. Very nice, good ol' boy from Seneca, SC, was very helpful. Made to order and should be at the house in about a week.

As usual, pictures will be forthcoming,
Jerry

I hope you'll be happy with the results Jerry. I'll be surprised if it really takes them a week to get it to you -- mine arrived in 3 days. The box will be big enough for Aaron to hide in on those days he doesn't wanna work on the car. :-D

I got mine through the " paddock parts" . Over all I am impressed with the fit and quality. Very little trim work and fit nice over the humps and bumps. Nice foot pad for driver and nice tight loop pile.

for what its worth. -RPM

I had one of The Paddock's ACC carpet kits for several years and never installed it because it was wrong (turned out to be for a 64-66 4 speed with no fastback carpeting included) and I didn't realize it wasn't the right set until it was too late to send it back.

Most of you know progress doesn't happen overnight on these cars of ours; you collect the parts you need and then you put them in. Not checking it when it arrived was my mistake but I should have gotten what I ordered in the first place. I hope their customer service has improved in the meantime.

Mine is a trim parts carpet purchased through JacksAutoParts, I'll let everyone know how it fits next week.

The Gold Duster has the fold-down rear seat option, so in addition to the molded floor pieces, we also need some extra 80/20 pile carpet to do the rear seat back, trunk divider, and the flat platform behind the seat.

Thanks for any input,
Jerry

Legendary does list a fold down rear carpet kit (loop or pile) for the rear seat on the space Dusters, $95 with a 4 week wait. I called and it does have the correct bound edges like the originals.

-
Back