Where do I find it?

-

Slappy

Reaction score
Looking for the fuel sender ground strap that attaches to my sender. Does anyone have a link to one? And do I need a long or short one? Mine is missing and my fuel gauge is inop.

I didn't know those came in different lengths. The longer one should serve the purpose on any application.
You could substatute a piece of wire and 2 small hose clamps to get the sender grounded and working .

Looking for the fuel sender ground strap that attaches to my sender. Does anyone have a link to one? And do I need a long or short one? Mine is missing and my fuel gauge is inop.
The fuel gauge ground jumper is available on eBay all the time.

George

I just grounded my tank with wire and ring connectors I already had laying around.

I just grounded my tank with wire and ring connectors I already had laying around.

Me too.... I hose-clamped one end of a piece of 14 ga. wire to the sender and using an eyelet on the other end I secured it to the frame (ground). That ground clip is a marginal set-up at best just waiting to either fall off or get corroded. And even if that clip is good, your still relying on the clips that hold the fuel line to the frame for the rest of your ground circuit to be completed.... :angry7:

Do you have to have the sender grounded to a piece of wire for it to work?

Mine works then does not...then it does again but I do not have a ground strap on it...Never did sinc I owned it......67 barracuda FYI.

Confusedcudas has the same issue....did work and now it does not. He also is missing the ground strap...if it ever had one.

Where does the strap connect to on the ending unit? I can figure out the other end as you mentioned a frame ground.

Thanks from us both,

Mop.

Everything on the car is chassis grounded. The fuel sender is isolated from a chassis ground by the rubber seal between it and the tank and also by the rubber hose connecting the fuel line. In other words a properly installed fuel sender is no more grounded than it was in the shipping box.
The factory installed a snaped on metal jumper over the rubber fuel hose connecting metal to metal and completing the chassis ground path.
Hope that splains it :)

The strap in the Mega Parts catalog clips over the rubber hose at the sender
and connects the sender tube and the fuel line. toolman

-
Back