Status
Not open for further replies.

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
A small block cam keyway (woodruff key)? I would be able to put my shortblock together, but I have no key for the cam. Anyone got one they aren't going to use? Let me know what you want for one and I'll send some money out, or even if you can tell me where to find one.

Im guessing here but try Summit, Mancini, Brafasco, Fastenal or if you cut a Percocet in half it should fit perfect

Hahaha I tried Summit and Mancini, I'll take a look at the other two. I'd try the percocet, but I'm sure I could think of a better use! I remember about 15 years ago I took one out of an old cam I had lying around to the local NAPA and they matched one up for me. But, I don't even have an old one lying around!

Let me check around my shop and see if I can find one.

Try Ace Hardware; they have little bins full of stuff that the help doesn't even know is there.

Jefflock, that would be awesome! In the meantime, I'm going to check out the hardware stores, maybe NAPA, etc. I just wish I had one laying around to at least compare it to. I knew I shouldn't have tossed those old OEM cams out.

Chevy crankshaft keys are the same as mopar camshaft keys, any auto parts store should have.

That makes sense. I'm just so used to hearing it called a keyway that its kind of stuck in my head. Anywho, I'll look on the Mr. Gasket website, and, if all else fails, my brother has a stock 360 that I gave him, I'll tear the front off of the engine and yank the key out of the cam. Man thats a pain just for a little peice of metal. You would think that with all the cams that are sold, these would be a readily available product with an associated part number, etc.

The Pioneer number may work, but it is actually slightly longer than the stock Chrysler key. The number I gave is the actual Chrysler application. PK-9 is a Chevy part, and probably close enough. It is the same width, and about .015" longer. I don't know the height on the Chevy key. The Chrysler key is 19/64" tall.

IIRC, Mopar sells them in a package of two.

Awesome!! Thanks for the help! They come in packs of 25 at summit, for 10.95. Maybe I'll just pick up a whole pack, in case anyone else ever needs one!

Do you have other stuff to order from Summit? Don't they charge a handling fee that would double that price? I can get them for $.49 each at my local O'Reilly. Probably cheaper elsewhere.

I do have a few things to order from summit, but thankfully they are nearby so I can just drive there. I gotta pay tax tho. I'm going to run to advance auto today so maybe I'll see if they got one! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back