Where do I get ? spring wrappers? ?clamps?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Where do I get those sheet metal clamps on the rear leaf springs?

I mixed and matched some leafs out of the 67, added some from the 74 junker, and all the wrappers broke (rust) when I pried them apart.

You can get all of your leaf spring rebuilding parts from Detriot Eaton Spring. You should be able to Google that and find them. They have the plastic leaf pads for the end of the leaf's as well as the soft metal shims that go between each leaf at the U-bolt location in one rebuild kit, and they also have the wrap around spring clamps with the rubber pad in another kit, I believe there are 8 clamps to a package, but it's been a while since I bought some and my memory is a little fuzzy. Hope this helps your project along, Geof

Thanks. Turns out the long time old spring place in Spokane MAY have 'em too.

Thanks, no, just the "clips" or whatever they are called, the little sheet metal gizmos that wrap around the outside of the ends and clamp the whole thing together.

I think by the time you buy just the clamps + shipping, it would be more cost effective to buy the kit.

I found these, if this is what you're looking for, they come in sets of 2. I can't remember if there is one per side or two. It looks like you will want to measure the girth of the spring as they come in 2 different lengths.

It does not look like the rubber gaskets are included either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/64-7...QcategoryZ10076QQitemZ380294509283#vi-content

Thanks guys. I'll check these out, as I said, the old Phol spring outfit in Spokane may have 'em too

-
Back