Where do I get wiring harness connectors?

-

RidingBean

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently acquired a '73 Dart that has several issues in the electrical systems. So far, my problems seem limited to only those electrical systems that are on the vehicle. I can run wire, solder and crimp, and sometimes even reach into small spaces.
I have run into a road block on the various connectors used throughout the different components. Is there a source for replacement connectors, or should I find something else that will do the same job? Not really worried about originality with this vehicle. The big question are the bulkhead connectors. I don't think any of them have working holding clips. What is a solution to replace those. I am looking for new, not used.
I have tried searching through the forums, but haven't found anything related to this.

Thanks

I found new male and female connectors on eBay. I had also bought a brand new bulkhead connector off of eBay awhile ago. With a very small flathead screwdriver you can remove each of the connectors from their plastic housings and replace them. Then you can reinstall them back in the plastic housings. I just did that very thing with parts of my dash harness and I completely swapped the bulkhead connector a couple of weeks ago. Just take your time and it can be done pretty easily.

Check ebay. Various names: "56 terminals", "Packard 56", "GM or Mopar terminals". You also see the same style in appliances. I haven't seen replacement plastic housings for the bulkhead connectors, so junkyard is you best source. The 3 on your car have a different keying on the housing, so must match that. Dodge motor-homes used the same connectors into the late 1980's or 90's, so pick those. I wouldn't worry if the retaining tabs on the plastic housings broke off. That is common. Friction of the brass terminals should be plenty to hold them on.

-
Back