Where do I look now

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Dan I would be all over that like a cheap suit!
Yep these old cars have gone insane stupid high, You ought to hear me talking to myself looking at all the various car sale sites and saying your out of your Fng mind. They will either sell or the owners will own them for awhile. The trend is prices keep going up even in this bad economy :rolleyes:

His very 1st thread he said he had a 25K budget. So he was trying for a better deal. Who wouldn’t try for a better deal? If I see the value in anything then I pay the piper. If I don’t I try for a better deal. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t. I can say though that more times I have laid the piper. Kim
"Laid the piper"..??!!..

Dan, enough nice cars already posted in this thread that you could own by tomorrow (4th of July even!!). If you don't jump on something, then my friend, I can't open another thread of yours on "where are the A bodies - trying to buy".

My guess if you are serious about buying, your next thread by Friday will be "Look what I bought"
:thumbsup:

It's just funny at this point, also have a bad habit of scrolling Marketplace so what's another for the list of cars to never be bought? 1971 Dodge Dart

Does anyone know where I can get a 1970 Hemi Cuda for a reasonable price, I'm looking for a driver that doesn't need much work.
I only have a $50,000 budget. I'd consider a clone.

Back in the 80s and 90s I had quite a few Mopars come and go especially 68-70 Runners and Bees, mostly 69s. Starting late90s, I had a guy that for several year would call me every few months and ask IF I had a 69 RR it had to be a certain color, trans, rear gear, interior, post car you name it. Then he would further say it had to be pretty solid as in almost NO rust, the interior did not need be perfect but it had to not have any rips, the carpet need not be new but it had to be pretty good, need not have a fresh engine BUT it had to run good, the paint, blah blah blah. Then he would always say, "well I WILL NOT pay more than XXXXXXX."

I was always curtious and politely tell him what he wanted was darn hard to come by, and it would not happen for what he wanted to give. These calls went on for a couple of years. Calls were short and sweet. Then the last time he called, I told him I had eactly the car he wanted, exactly and right down to the price. Last time I herd from the guy.

Dan, enough nice cars already posted in this thread that you could own by tomorrow (4th of July even!!). If you don't jump on something, then my friend, I can't open another thread of yours on "where are the A bodies - trying to buy".

My guess if you are serious about buying, your next thread by Friday will be "Look what I bought"
:thumbsup:
I'm looking at the dart you sent me info on the photos of the duster never came up. I was sent information about a 1972 dart in st.charles and I looked on Facebook and never found it, the information that was sent to me said that he listing was a year ago so I'm sure it's already gone.

I'm looking at the dart you sent me info on the photos of the duster never came up. I was sent information about a 1972 dart in st.charles and I looked on Facebook and never found it, the information that was sent to me said that he listing was a year ago so I'm sure it's already gone.
Dan, refer to post #88.. what is wrong with that car for you? Just wondering.

Back in the 80s and 90s I had quite a few Mopars come and go especially 68-70 Runners and Bees, mostly 69s. Starting late90s, I had a guy that for several year would call me every few months and ask IF I had a 69 RR it had to be a certain color, trans, rear gear, interior, post car you name it. Then he would further say it had to be pretty solid as in almost NO rust, the interior did not need be perfect but it had to not have any rips, the carpet need not be new but it had to be pretty good, need not have a fresh engine BUT it had to run good, the paint, blah blah blah. Then he would always say, "well I WILL NOT pay more than XXXXXXX."

I was always curtious and politely tell him what he wanted was darn hard to come by, and it would not happen for what he wanted to give. These calls went on for a couple of years. Calls were short and sweet. Then the last time he called, I told him I had eactly the car he wanted, exactly and right down to the price. Last time I herd from the guy.
You called his bluff!

Jesus christ if I had 25k to buy an abody I'd feel like I won the lottery,, literally hundreds to chose from. If you can afford a 25k toy car, you can afford a 250 plane ticket.

You want it your way your gonna have to build it. I bought mine for 6k, have spent another 6k so far, its blown to pieces in my garage, and will spend another 12k to have a car worth maybe 15k when all said and done.

These things are 50 year old budget cars that cost 3k new and were meant to last maybe 10 years.

I've bought other peoples "builds" before, they are NEVER the way I want them or correct in my eyes.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Jesus christ if I had 25k to buy an abody I'd feel like I won the lottery,, literally hundreds to chose from. If you can afford a 25k toy car, you can afford a 250 plane ticket.

You want it your way your gonna have to build it. I bought mine for 6k, have spent another 6k so far, its blown to pieces in my garage, and will spend another 12k to have a car worth maybe 15k when all said and done.

These things are 50 year old budget cars that cost 3k new and were meant to last maybe 10 years.

I've bought other peoples "builds" before, they are NEVER the way I want them or correct in my eyes.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
I don't want to pay 25k for a car but in order to get a decent car that's what they are bringing, now being worth it is another thing. I found a really clean 1974 gold duster 318 car with what I'd like to have on a car but I'm not paying 43k for a A body mopar especially when it's not a 340 car.

I don't want to pay 25k for a car but in order to get a decent car that's what they are bringing, now being worth it is another thing. I found a really clean 1974 gold duster 318 car with what I'd like to have on a car but I'm not paying 43k for a A body mopar especially when it's not a 340 car.
Decent is in the eye of the beholder. I can guarantee that nomatter what car you buy there will be problems, 100%. I'm betting a 25k "rust free" car either is about to rust out around the 1/4s or already has been "fixed", which means there's more rust in harder to reach places.
My first mopar was a 74 318 gold duster, payed 900 for it, it truly was rust free,but that was in 1995.

Decent is in the eye of the beholder. I can guarantee that nomatter what car you buy there will be problems, 100%. I'm betting a 25k "rust free" car either is about to rust out around the 1/4s or already has been "fixed", which means there's more rust in harder to reach places.
My first mopar was a 74 318 gold duster, payed 900 for it, it truly was rust free,but that was in 1995.
I hear that. There's A bodies out there that are rust free simply because of where they were from. I don't know about where most of the guys on here have bought their cars but if you want a A body mopar that doesn't need body work it's going to cost close to 20k to get it. What people are forgetting is what goes up must come down and the car market will bust soon

The classic car market will not be going down, I can see the super high dollar cars coming down but us lowly abody guys will be paying more and more as time goes on. There are less available every day, day by day. Soon a "decent" abody will be 40-50k. Look at Cuda, chargers, etc. There running out, now its a bodies that are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back