Where do these wires go?

-

Bigreno

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where the top two wires on the far right column of the bulkhead connector go? Someone replaced them with what looks like a 2 wire lamp cord. I assume they go to the reverse lights or neutral safety. I traced them under the car and what is left of the wire is cut, mangled and twisted together.

It's a 1971 Dart Swinger. Originally a 318/904 car.

Attachments

• 2015-05-14 11.21.42.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 212
See if this link will work...

It's the 71 wiring diagrams, make sure that you go to the Dart section, not the challenger, charger, etc. The dart diagrams are on page 9 & 10...

[ame]http://www.abodyjoe.com/pictures/Misc.%20car%20info/1971%20wiring.pdf[/ame]

They went to the reverse light switch on my '68 Barracuda. It had what looked like lamp cord leading to the 4-speed transmission switch.

'Nother candidate for a service manual. They are free. Go to MyMopar and download one.......

Those two are empty on my car which is same year/engine/trans. Looks like they were empty from the factory as the holes are stuffed with OEM looking sponge rubber.

Thanks. I have to old manual and was having trouble deciphering the wire locations on the plugs. Big-B-Barracuda's version was much easier to figure out with the lettered picture of the bulkhead connector.

-
Back